Regular SWSW meet ups?

  • Libby Miller
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
      A few of us went to the pub is Bristol last night and Andy Seaborne
      suggested making a regular event of it, perhaps monthly or every two
      months.

      Any takers? I like the idea a lot.

      I was wondering whether to set up an Openguide[1] for Bristol, so maybe
      we could combine pub reviewing with other semantic Web discussions...

      Libby

      [1] http://openguides.org/
      http://search.cpan.org/~kake/OpenGuides/
    • Nick Gibbins
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
        Libby Miller wrote:
        > A few of us went to the pub is Bristol last night and Andy Seaborne
        > suggested making a regular event of it, perhaps monthly or every two
        > months.

        Bother. I was in Bath last night, for a change.

        > Any takers? I like the idea a lot.

        I'm up for it.

        > I was wondering whether to set up an Openguide[1] for Bristol, so maybe
        > we could combine pub reviewing with other semantic Web discussions...

        Could do...

        --
        Nick Gibbins nmg@...
        IAM (Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia) tel: +44 (0) 23 80598347
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2004
          >> Any takers? I like the idea a lot.
          >
          > I'm up for it.

          Count me in to. Sounds like a great idea.

          L.
        • Brian Kelly
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2004
            > Message: 1
            > Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:03:02 +0000 (GMT)
            > From: Libby Miller <libby.miller@...>
            > Subject: Regular SWSW meet ups?
            >

            > A few of us went to the pub is Bristol last night and Andy
            > Seaborne suggested making a regular event of it, perhaps
            > monthly or every two months.
            >
            > Any takers? I like the idea a lot.
            >
            > I was wondering whether to set up an Openguide[1] for
            > Bristol, so maybe we could combine pub reviewing with other
            > semantic Web discussions...
            >
            > Libby
            >
            > [1] http://openguides.org/
            > http://search.cpan.org/~kake/OpenGuides/

            Hi Libby
            I'm interested.
            You might like to think about visiting some pubs in Bath as well as
            Bristol.
            I'd not come across Openguide before. Is this a cool Semantic Web
            application? Is it integrated with anything else? The reason I'm asking is
            that I'm (still) looking for a Semantic Web application which can be used to
            motivate people who aren't aware of the Semantic Web. One possibility that
            occurs to me would be to invite participants to contribute info on pubs,
            etc. prior to this year's Institutional Web Management Workshop and then at
            the event demonstrate how the information can be integrated with other
            applications. Is there are mileage in this, do you think?

            Ta

            Brian

            ---------------------------------------
            Brian Kelly
            UK Web Focus
            UKOLN
            University of Bath
            BATH
            BA2 7AY
            Email: B.Kelly@...
            Web: http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/
            Phone: 01225 383943
            FOAF: http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/b.kelly/foaf/bkelly-foaf.xrdf
            For info on FOAF see http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/b.kelly/foaf/
          • Libby Miller
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2004
              I've left this rather late, but would anyone be interested in meeting up
              this Wednesday 4th Feb, 7pm+?

              I was thinking if there were enough takers we could make this a regular
              monthly event.

              The King William in Bristol is a nice big empty pub with good beer and
              which serves food:

              http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/2966/

              cheers

              Libby

              On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Libby Miller wrote:

              > A few of us went to the pub is Bristol last night and Andy Seaborne
              > suggested making a regular event of it, perhaps monthly or every two
              > months.
              >
              > Any takers? I like the idea a lot.
              >
              > I was wondering whether to set up an Openguide[1] for Bristol, so maybe
              > we could combine pub reviewing with other semantic Web discussions...
              >
              > Libby
              >
              > [1] http://openguides.org/
              > http://search.cpan.org/~kake/OpenGuides/

            • Dave Reynolds
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2004
                Hi Libby,

                Good idea but I'll have to "take a rain check" this week (parent's
                evening). Maybe next time.

                Cheers,
                Dave

                Libby Miller wrote:

                > I've left this rather late, but would anyone be interested in meeting up
                > this Wednesday 4th Feb, 7pm+?
                >
                > I was thinking if there were enough takers we could make this a regular
                > monthly event.
                >
                > The King William in Bristol is a nice big empty pub with good beer and
                > which serves food:
                >
                > http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/2966/
                >
                > cheers
                >
                > Libby
                >

                > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Libby Miller wrote:
                >

                > > A few of us went to the pub is Bristol last night and Andy Seaborne
                > > suggested making a regular event of it, perhaps monthly or every two
                > > months.
                > >
                > > Any takers? I like the idea a lot.
                > >
                > > I was wondering whether to set up an Openguide[1] for Bristol, so maybe
                > > we could combine pub reviewing with other semantic Web discussions...
                > >
                > > Libby
                > >
                > > [1] http://openguides.org/
                > > http://search.cpan.org/~kake/OpenGuides/

              • Brian McBride
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2004

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2004
                    So I left it too late for many, but there will be some of us at the King
                    William tonight from 7 if anyone wants to pop in.

                    cheers

                    Libby

                    On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Libby Miller wrote:

                    > I've left this rather late, but would anyone be interested in meeting up
                    > this Wednesday 4th Feb, 7pm+?
                    >
                    > I was thinking if there were enough takers we could make this a regular
                    > monthly event.
                    >
                    > The King William in Bristol is a nice big empty pub with good beer and
                    > which serves food:
                    >
                    > http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/2966/
                    >
                    > cheers
                    >
                    > Libby
                    >

                    > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Libby Miller wrote:
                    >

                    > > A few of us went to the pub is Bristol last night and Andy Seaborne
                    > > suggested making a regular event of it, perhaps monthly or every two
                    > > months.
                    > >
                    > > Any takers? I like the idea a lot.
                    > >
                    > > I was wondering whether to set up an Openguide[1] for Bristol, so maybe
                    > > we could combine pub reviewing with other semantic Web discussions...
                    > >
                    > > Libby
                    > >
                    > > [1] http://openguides.org/
                    > > http://search.cpan.org/~kake/OpenGuides/

                  • Dan Zambonini
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
                      Hope the meet-up went well last night.

                      If anything, the protracted arrangements for the pub meet-up have
                      highlighted the immediate importance of RDF Calendar - our user
                      agents could have negotiated a suitable time/location within
                      seconds...

                      Dan

                      Dan Zambonini
                      Box UK