Is it Christmas yet?

  • Andy Seaborne
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 1, 2011
      Saw Tom at ISWC and ...

      He suggested that we have a semanticweb-southwest meetup (in a pub one
      evening) ... and we have found before that around XMas can get a bit
      difficult to schedule.

      How about 24/Nov (it's Thanksgiving over there - may a bit quieter over
      here for people's travel?) Or other date?

      Andy
    • Ian Dickinson
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 1, 2011
        On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Andy Seaborne <afs.lists@...> wrote:
        > Saw Tom at ISWC and ...
        >
        > He suggested that we have a semanticweb-southwest meetup (in a pub one
        > evening) ... and we have found before that around XMas can get a bit
        > difficult to schedule.
        Good idea!

        > How about 24/Nov (it's Thanksgiving over there - may a bit quieter over
        > here for people's travel?) Or other date?
        24th would work for me.

        Ian
      • Dave Reynolds
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 1, 2011
          On 01/11/2011 16:42, Andy Seaborne wrote:
          > Saw Tom at ISWC and ...
          >
          > He suggested that we have a semanticweb-southwest meetup (in a pub one
          > evening) ... and we have found before that around XMas can get a bit
          > difficult to schedule.

          Good plan.

          > How about 24/Nov (it's Thanksgiving over there - may a bit quieter over
          > here for people's travel?) Or other date?

          I'd be OK for that, though it is the day of the BCS Linked Data meeting,
          don't know how many people that will affect.

          Dave
        • Libby Miller
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 2, 2011
            On 1 Nov 2011, at 22:31, Dave Reynolds wrote:

            > On 01/11/2011 16:42, Andy Seaborne wrote:
            > > Saw Tom at ISWC and ...
            > >
            > > He suggested that we have a semanticweb-southwest meetup (in a pub one
            > > evening) ... and we have found before that around XMas can get a bit
            > > difficult to schedule.
            >
            > Good plan.
            >
            > > How about 24/Nov (it's Thanksgiving over there - may a bit quieter over
            > > here for people's travel?) Or other date?
            >
            > I'd be OK for that, though it is the day of the BCS Linked Data meeting,
            > don't know how many people that will affect.

            Thursdays are always difficult for me. Not sure I can come up with a better date. Great idea though :-)

            Libby
          • Leigh Dodds
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 2, 2011
              Hi,

              On 2 November 2011 08:50, Libby Miller <libby@...> wrote:

              On 1 Nov 2011, at 22:31, Dave Reynolds wrote:

              > On 01/11/2011 16:42, Andy Seaborne wrote:
              > > Saw Tom at ISWC and ...
              > >
              > > He suggested that we have a semanticweb-southwest meetup (in a pub one
              > > evening) ... and we have found before that around XMas can get a bit
              > > difficult to schedule.
              >
              > Good plan.
              >
              > > How about 24/Nov (it's Thanksgiving over there - may a bit quieter over
              > > here for people's travel?) Or other date?
              >
              > I'd be OK for that, though it is the day of the BCS Linked Data meeting,
              > don't know how many people that will affect.

              Thursdays are always difficult for me. Not sure I can come up with a better date. Great idea though :-)

              That day would work for me.

              L.

              --
              Leigh Dodds
              Product Lead, Kasabi

              Talis Systems Ltd
              43 Temple Row
              Birmingham
              B2 5LS
            • Tom Heath (Gmail)
              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 2, 2011

                Hi all,

                Thanks Andy for kicking this off, but fraid I can't do 24th - we have Peter Mika visiting us in Brum so unless people fancy coming up to us for the evening I'll have to pass this time :(

                Tom.

                On 2 Nov 2011 09:38, "Leigh Dodds" <leigh.dodds@...> wrote:

                Hi,

                On 2 November 2011 08:50, Libby Miller <libby@...> wrote:

                On 1 Nov 2011, at 22:31, Dave Reynolds wrote:

                > On 01/11/2011 16:42, Andy Seaborne wrote:
                > > Saw Tom at ISWC and ...
                > >
                > > He suggested that we have a semanticweb-southwest meetup (in a pub one
                > > evening) ... and we have found before that around XMas can get a bit
                > > difficult to schedule.
                >
                > Good plan.
                >
                > > How about 24/Nov (it's Thanksgiving over there - may a bit quieter over
                > > here for people's travel?) Or other date?
                >
                > I'd be OK for that, though it is the day of the BCS Linked Data meeting,
                > don't know how many people that will affect.

                Thursdays are always difficult for me. Not sure I can come up with a better date. Great idea though :-)

                That day would work for me.

                L.

                --
                Leigh Dodds
                Product Lead, Kasabi
                Mobile: 07850 928381
                http://kasabi.com
                http://talis.com

                Talis Systems Ltd
                43 Temple Row
                Birmingham
                B2 5LS
              • Paolo Castagna
                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 3, 2011
                  On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Andy Seaborne <afs.lists@...> wrote:
                  > How about 24/Nov (it's Thanksgiving over there - may a bit quieter over
                  > here for people's travel?) Or other date?

                  Hi Andy,
                  you have already had some replies.
                  I have same problem Tom has.

                  Perhaps, we could use something like http://doodle.com/ (this time or
                  next time) to ask people when they are free and when they could make
                  it (this time around the 24th November).
                  Ultimately, someone will make a call and definitely decide a day.
                  Something like Doodle works best than emails back and forward.

                  Paolo
                • Andy Seaborne
                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 3, 2011
                    (not the only problem - your email isn't subscribed to the list)

                    On 03/11/11 07:46, Paolo Castagna wrote:
                    > On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Andy Seaborne<afs.lists@...> wrote:
                    >> How about 24/Nov (it's Thanksgiving over there - may a bit quieter over
                    >> here for people's travel?) Or other date?
                    >
                    > Hi Andy,
                    > you have already had some replies.
                    > I have same problem Tom has.

                    The date was just a random staring point - my usual rule applies - first
                    date is the least likely actual date.

                    > Perhaps, we could use something like http://doodle.com/ (this time or
                    > next time) to ask people when they are free and when they could make
                    > it (this time around the 24th November).

                    http://www.doodle.com/4p3qfncv8ccg3478

                    Covers two weeks - 21/11-25/11 & 28/11 2/12

                    > Ultimately, someone will make a call and definitely decide a day.
                    > Something like Doodle works best than emails back and forward.

                    In a week? (Or sooner if a clear preference emerges)

                    > Paolo
                  • Andy Seaborne
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 9, 2011
                      Last chance:

                      Thursday 1 Dec is currently the most popular with 5 but there are
                      several 4's.

                      Let's give it a few more days and if there is by then a tie I shall
                      randomly pick a date from the leaders.

                      Andy

                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 10, 2011

                        Thursdays, boo! Down with Thursdays, up with Wednesdays! ;)

                        Tom.

                        On 9 Nov 2011 15:14, "Andy Seaborne" <afs.lists@...> wrote:

                        Last chance:

                        Thursday 1 Dec is currently the most popular with 5 but there are
                        several 4's.

                        Let's give it a few more days and if there is by then a tie I shall
                        randomly pick a date from the leaders.

                        Andy

                        > http://www.doodle.com/4p3qfncv8ccg3478
                        >
                        > Covers two weeks - 21/11-25/11& 28/11 2/12
                        >
                        >> Ultimately, someone will make a call and definitely decide a day.
                        >> Something like Doodle works best than emails back and forward.
                        >
                        > In a week? (Or sooner if a clear preference emerges)

                      • Damian Steer
                        Message 11 of 24 , Nov 10, 2011

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          On 10 Nov 2011, at 22:58, "Tom Heath (Gmail)" <tom.heath@...> wrote:

                          Thursdays, boo! Down with Thursdays, up with Wednesdays! ;)

                          Tom.

                          You need Libby to vote :)

                          Damian
                        • Andy Seaborne
                          Message 12 of 24 , Nov 11, 2011
                            On 10/11/11 22:58, Tom Heath (Gmail) wrote:

                            > Thursdays, boo! Down with Thursdays, up with Wednesdays! ;)

                            You can try to "influence" the voters in all sorts of ways ...

                            And
                          • Nick Gibbins
                            Message 13 of 24 , Nov 11, 2011
                              On 11 Nov 2011, at 12:26, Andy Seaborne wrote:

                              > On 10/11/11 22:58, Tom Heath (Gmail) wrote:
                              >>

                              >> Thursdays, boo! Down with Thursdays, up with Wednesdays! ;)
                              >
                              > You can try to "influence" the voters in all sorts of ways …

                              Sadly, I think that I'd need to be provided with a teleport and/or a
                              time machine in order to be able to make it. :(

                              Maybe next year...
                              --
                              Dr Nicholas Gibbins nmg@...
                              Web and Internet Science http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~nmg/
                              Message 14 of 24 , Nov 13, 2011
                                Wednesday, Nov 30 is the most popular after an exciting final furlong
                                push by the "no Thursday" group.

                                Suggestion: Highbury Vaults, 8:00pm.

                                (not being a regular in Bristol, this is a semi-random choice by me -
                                other suggestions welcome)

                                Andy
                              • Tom Heath (Gmail)
                                Message 15 of 24 , Nov 15, 2011
                                  On 13 November 2011 22:36, Andy Seaborne <afs.lists@...> wrote:
                                  > Wednesday, Nov 30 is the most popular after an exciting final furlong
                                  > push by the "no Thursday" group.

                                  Woohoo!

                                  > Suggestion: Highbury Vaults, 8:00pm.
                                  >
                                  > (not being a regular in Bristol, this is a semi-random choice by me -
                                  > other suggestions welcome)

                                  Works for me :)

                                  Tom.
                                • AndyS
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Nov 29, 2011
                                    Reminder:

                                    Tomorrow 30/Nov

                                    Highbury Vaults, 8:00pm ->

                                    Andy
                                  • Ian Dickinson
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011
                                      Question: are people generally planning to eat after 8pm or
                                      beforehand? Given the distance, I'll probably hang on here at the
                                      office rather than go home and come back again, so it would be good to
                                      know if I should plan to get some food!

                                      Ian

                                      On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM, AndyS <afs.lists@...> wrote:
                                      > Reminder:
                                      >
                                      > Tomorrow 30/Nov
                                      >
                                      > Highbury Vaults, 8:00pm ->
                                      >
                                      > Andy
                                    • Damian Steer
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011
                                        I think Libby and I are eating at home, but iirc the highbury serves food until 9.

                                        Btw, there's a decent chance we'll end up in the garden. There are heaters, but please dress accordingly.

                                        Damian

                                        Sent from my iPad

                                        On 30 Nov 2011, at 11:05, Ian Dickinson <i.j.dickinson@...> wrote:

                                        Question: are people generally planning to eat after 8pm or
                                        beforehand? Given the distance, I'll probably hang on here at the
                                        office rather than go home and come back again, so it would be good to
                                        know if I should plan to get some food!

                                        Ian

                                        On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM, AndyS <afs.lists@...> wrote:
                                        > Reminder:
                                        >
                                        > Tomorrow 30/Nov
                                        >
                                        > Highbury Vaults, 8:00pm ->
                                        >
                                        > Andy

                                      • Andy Seaborne
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011
                                          Highbury Vaults menu:

                                          http://www.youngs.co.uk/cms/menus/Highbury%20Vaults%20winter%20menu.doc

                                          Monday to Friday 5.30pm to 8.30pm

                                          Andy

                                          On 30/11/11 11:05, Ian Dickinson wrote:
                                          > Question: are people generally planning to eat after 8pm or
                                          > beforehand? Given the distance, I'll probably hang on here at the
                                          > office rather than go home and come back again, so it would be good to
                                          > know if I should plan to get some food!
                                          >
                                          > Ian
                                        • Ian Dickinson
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011
                                            On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Damian Steer <pldms@...> wrote:
                                            > I think Libby and I are eating at home, but iirc the highbury serves food until 9.
                                            Thanks Damian. I'll probably aim to eat beforehand as well

                                            > Btw, there's a decent chance we'll end up in the garden.
                                            > There are heaters, but please dress accordingly.
                                            Likelihood of watery beer then!

                                            http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/bristol_forecast_weather.html

                                            Ian
                                          • Dave Reynolds
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011
                                              On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 13:02 +0000, Andy Seaborne wrote:

                                              > Highbury Vaults menu:
                                              >
                                              > http://www.youngs.co.uk/cms/menus/Highbury%20Vaults%20winter%
                                              > 20menu.doc
                                              >
                                              > Monday to Friday 5.30pm to 8.30pm

                                              Ah, thanks, in that case I'll get there early in order to eat.

                                              Dave
                                            • Damian Steer
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011

                                                Sent from my iPad

                                                On 30 Nov 2011, at 13:09, Ian Dickinson <i.j.dickinson@...> wrote:

                                                On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Damian Steer <pldms@...> wrote:
                                                > I think Libby and I are eating at home, but iirc the highbury serves food until 9.
                                                Thanks Damian. I'll probably aim to eat beforehand as well

                                                Correction: Libby and I will be going a little early and eat at the highbury. Pure laziness.

                                                > Btw, there's a decent chance we'll end up in the garden.
                                                > There are heaters, but please dress accordingly.
                                                Likelihood of watery beer then!

                                                http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/bristol_forecast_weather.html

                                                Happily the garden is equipped with ample shelter :)

                                                Damian
                                              • Ian Dickinson
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011
                                                  Hi Damian,
                                                  > Correction: Libby and I will be going a little early and eat at the highbury. Pure laziness.
                                                  What time are you aiming to be there?

                                                  Ian
                                                • Damian Steer
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Nov 30, 2011

                                                    On 30 Nov 2011, at 14:30, Ian Dickinson <i.j.dickinson@...> wrote:

                                                    Hi Damian,
                                                    > Correction: Libby and I will be going a little early and eat at the highbury. Pure laziness.
                                                    What time are you aiming to be there?

                                                    7:30

                                                    Damian