Few Places Remaining for VoCampBristol2009

  • Tom Heath (Gmail)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2009
      Hi all,

      There are a few places remaining for VoCampBristol2009 [1], on
      Thursday and Friday this week at the ILRT, Bristol Uni. If you've
      never been to a VoCamp before, or never heard of the concept, they
      were born out of a realisation that "Continued growth of the Web of
      Data/Semantic Web is heavily dependent on the availability of
      vocabularies/ontologies that can be used to publish data."

      From the VoCamp site [2]:

      "VoCamp is a series of informal events where people can spend some
      dedicated time creating lightweight vocabularies/ontologies for the
      Semantic Web/Web of Data. The emphasis of the events is not on
      creating the perfect ontology in a particular domain, but on creating
      vocabs that are good enough for people to start using for publishing
      data on the Web."

      So, if you're interested in getting your hands dirty with creating
      some RDF vocabularies for publishing that data set you've had your eye
      on, sign up and come along on Thursday and Friday. It's free, lunch
      included!

      Cheers,

      Tom.

      [1] http://vocamp.org/wiki/VoCampBristol2009
      [2] http://vocamp.org/wiki/WhatIsVoCamp
    • Peter Hale
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2009
        Dear Tom

        I'm interested but am not expecting to be able to make Thursday. I don't know how this works so would it be practical for me to go just on Friday? or is it a must to go for both days?

        Thank you.

        Peter

        Peter Hale
        Room 3P31
        Bristol Institute of Technology (BIT)
        University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol

        There are a few places remaining for VoCampBristol2009 [1], on
        Thursday and Friday this week at the ILRT, Bristol Uni. If you've
        never been to a VoCamp before, or never heard of the concept, they
        were born out of a realisation that "Continued growth of the Web of
        Data/Semantic Web is heavily dependent on the availability of
        vocabularies/ ontologies that can be used to publish data."

        From the VoCamp site [2]:

        "VoCamp is a series of informal events where people can spend some
        dedicated time creating lightweight vocabularies/ ontologies for the
        Semantic Web/Web of Data. The emphasis of the events is not on
        creating the perfect ontology in a particular domain, but on creating
        vocabs that are good enough for people to start using for publishing
        data on the Web."

        So, if you're interested in getting your hands dirty with creating
        some RDF vocabularies for publishing that data set you've had your eye
        on, sign up and come along on Thursday and Friday. It's free, lunch
        included!

        Cheers,

        Tom.

        [1] http://vocamp. org/wiki/ VoCampBristol200 9
        [2] http://vocamp. org/wiki/ WhatIsVoCamp

        This incoming email to UWE has been independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were detected

        This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found

      • Tom Heath (Gmail)
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2009
          Hi Peter. Both days is best, but fine to come just on Friday. See you
          then :-) Tom

          --
          Sent from my mobile device