welcome to the Semantic Web South-West mailing list

  • Dan Brickley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2001
      Hi! You're subscribed to semanticweb-southwest@yahoogroups.com

      Just a quick message to launch the list. Currently there are three people
      subscribed; Dan, Libby, Andy. We should also send "hello, who I am"
      messages, if only pointer to a home page or work place, as that's the
      precedent I'd like to establish for new members of the list.
      list is public and open to all interested parties; the only constraint is
      that list members are expected to introduce themselves.

      Anything to do with RDF, Semantic Web and XML is in scope for this list;
      I also encourage people to use the list for ad-hoc or planned in advance
      face-to-face meetings, such as the occasional ILRT / HP Labs lunch
      discussions, pub chats or announcements of more formal seminars and
      workshops that relate to Semantic Web technology. Think of this list as an
      informal local sub-group of the W3C RDF/SW Interest Group[1] (maybe in
      time there'll be others for other areas).

      One immediate topic of local (and of course international!) interest is
      RDF query; at the discussion we had a couple of weeks ago about RDF query
      I suggested we use the semanticweb-southwest list as a public space for
      airing some of our ideas on this. The list is now open for business for
      that and other purposes: I'll approve any membership requests that are
      submitted, but if you do pass on details of this list, please also
      encourage folk to send an introductory message. I'll send round my notes
      from that meeting in a follow-on mail shortly.

      cheers,

      Dan

      [1] http://www.w3.org/RDF/Interest/