New works/Outsider Art Fair/Updates

  • gabriel shaffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2008
      Howdy gang,
      Happy new year to everyone on the list!
      Ive been hard at work in the studio on a new series of
      paintings, that should be finished by mid February.
      Lots of exciting things are developing, but i wanted
      to send out a link to some images of two portrait
      commissions i just finished.
      One of them is of Nicholas Ziolkowski, who was an
      American soldier killed in action, during the Iraq war
      in 2004. He was 22 years old. It was a powerful
      experience, painting him. What was interesting is how,
      originally i had intended to paint him as he would
      have looked when he was 22. But i found myself
      continuously changing my sketches of him, portraying
      him as a teenage boy.
      Too see the paintings go to my flickr page

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/gabrielshaffer

      The website is being updated a bit. Prices have been
      added to the works, the site is paypal active and we
      will soon have a guestbook, where you can comment or
      have friends add themselves to the mailing list. We
      have a few great canvass works in our possession for a
      little while, so if your interested, just email.

      Anyone who lives in New York City, or knows someone
      who might be interested, the 16th annual Outsider Art
      Fair, will be taking place, January 25-28th at the
      Puck building,Soho. Ill be a featured artist with the
      Berenberg gallery again this year. Mom and i will both
      have some of our strongest recent paintings on
      display.Plus, the Berenberg gallery will be unveiling
      a few visionary masterpieces that mom painted during
      the late 80'! If you havent been yet, its an amazing
      show. Some of the best works of art from this
      unclassifiable genre will be gathered together.
      Theres a link for more info on my website.

      As always, thank you all who read these blurbs of mine
      and have interest in my art, your support has been
      incredible. The level will be raised in 2008.

      Take care of each other,
      Gabriel

      'But when a man catches the blues,
      he catches the freight and rides.'