call for entries/ anti-war/pro peace art show august 5th-7th, details

  • alfred eaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2005
      the Indianapolis August 5th-7th Anti-War/Pro Peace Art Show is around
      the corner
      and am asking all to hurry with submissions.

      am doing this with Nick Hess

      Nick Hess' statement 'call for entries'

      A call for entries

      Because the weekend of August 5, 2005 contains in it the sixtieth
      anniversary of the sudden death of thousands of Japanese civilians
      and the cause of death and suffering for many thousands more. And
      because our current national leadership is committed to developing
      weapons in space and refuses to reduce any of the 10,000 nuclear
      warheads purchased by, but not controlled by the American taxpayer.
      And because the current national leadership appears to be committed
      to a future of war without end, a call is being made for creative
      people to make a statement, not only against the insanity of nuclear
      war and the arrogant abuse of national power by our leadership, but
      also to create a vision of future without war.

      where:

      Wheeler art center, indianapolis- two rooms weekend of 8/5/05
      (possibly for whole month)
      two community resources who have agreed to help organize and
      participate

      Sarah Willis- sculptor, organizer a previous antiwar art show and
      associated with Historic School 30 gallery

      Carol Myers- painter, orginzer of the Not in My name show

      Nick Ohler-providing a band

      Greg Brown Utrillos Art

      Dan McNeal Radio One tv show

      and am in discourse with Primary Colors (Murphy Art Center) and BIG
      CAR ART GALLERY.

      PLEASE SEND ALL ART (IF PHOTOGRAPHS, DRAWINGS, COLLAGE OR PRINTS,
      PLEASE MAT.
      PAINTINGS DO NOT REQUIRE FRAMING).
      PLEASE INCLUDE PRICE, BRIEF BIO AND (IF WISH RETURN) RETURN SHIPPING

      ALFRED EAKER/NICK HESS
      PINK AND BLUE FILMS
      PO BOX 17845
      INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46143

      PS

      we're going to be filming a documentary about the show

      OK
      PEACE
      Alfred Eaker
    • alfred eaker