Boheme Magazine

  • Sabrina Laurent
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2004
      Hello Everyone!

      The May issue of Bohème Magazine is Now Online at http://www.boheme-
      magazine.net

      This month marks the first anniversary of Bohème Magazine Online!
      We want to thank all of you for sticking with us over the year and
      believing in our project.

      Please be aware that this month's issue is available in a formatted,
      easy to print PDF file. You'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
      software to view and print the file. It is 34 single-sided A4 pages
      and the entire file is 418 KB. For maximum ease of printing, the
      print edition does not feature any images and is in simple black and
      white. Please consider printing out a copy and giving it to someone
      who may be interested, leave it on the train, in the library, etc.!

      Also note that the Multilanguage section is now online; it currently
      features works in four languages and new languages will be added in
      the coming days, so please continue to check back. Also note that
      the gallery of painter Patricia Merewether is now online as well.

      In this month's note from the editors, we have some very special
      announcements! Please be sure to check it out.

      On page 2 you'll find "May Birthdays" featuring short notes on a few
      writers and artists born in May.

      Page 3 has some news about two revolutionary art supplies recently
      discovered by the Bohème editors.

      Page 4 has an article on the 36th Anniversary of the May 1968
      Students-Workers Rebellion in France.

      On Page 5 you can check out a painting by Sabrina Laurent now on
      sale.

      On page 6 Bohème pays tribute to the late Sir Peter Ustinov.

      On Page 7 Sabrina Laurent takes a new approach to understanding the
      ideas of Che Guevara.

      On Page 8 Bohème is proud to feature an interview with artist and
      Van Gogh researcher Dennis Pelliccia.

      This month's Musée de Bohème features five new works by Russian
      artist Alexei Biryukoff.

      Sabrina Laurent continues her study of the great pictorial movements
      with an article on Art Naïf.

      Eamon's Bookmark is in Orwell's classic novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.

      The fifth installment of the Subversive's Dictionary adds three
      words to a continuing campaign of creative re-definition.

      On Page 17 you'll discover the hidden treasures of Paris - museums
      too often overlooked by tourists.

      Our original literature this month features Yahya Abdal-Aziz, Eamon
      Graham, Sabrina Laurent, Mohammed El-Razzaz and, as always, our
      feline Dada poet Mina!

      Be sure to check out our Games page for new games!

      We thank you again for your continued support of Bohème Magazine
      Online.

      Check us out at http://www.boheme-magazine.net and feel free to drop
      a comment or submit us some of your own work!

      Sabrina
    • Sabrina Laurent
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
        Hello Everyone!

        The June issue of Bohème Magazine is Now Online at http://www.boheme-
        magazine.net

        Please be aware that this month's issue is also available in a
        formatted, easy to print PDF file. You'll need the free Adobe
        Acrobat Reader software to view and print the file. It is 24 single-
        sided A4 pages and the entire file is 733 KB. For maximum ease of
        printing, the print edition does not feature any images and is in
        simple black and white. Please consider printing out a copy and
        giving it to someone who may be interested, leave it on the train,
        in the library, etc.!

        Please also remember our new Multilanguage section featuring work in
        French, Italian, Spanish and Turkish. We hope to add more languages
        soon - such as Esperanto, Russian and Arabic - so please consider
        submitting your own work in any of these languages.

        In this month's note from the editors, we make a few announcements,
        such as the planning of a new Library Section to the website.

        On page 2 you'll find "June Birthdays" featuring short notes on a
        few writers and artists born in June.

        On Page 3 Bohème asks for your help in renewing our webspace
        subscription which will expire in September.

        Page 4 has four paintings by this month's cover artist Patricia
        Merewether.

        On Page 5 we announce our first annual Bohème Visual Arts and
        Literature Competition! Please check out the official announcement
        for details!

        On page 6 we invite you to give your opinion about Bohème in a quick
        12 question survey.

        Eamon's Bookmark is in Albert Camus's classic essay on revolt and
        revolution, The Rebel.

        On Page 9 Sabrina Laurent pays tribute to French Sculptor Camille
        Claudel.

        On Page 10 you'll find some of the latest news from LA-Based band DJ
        Monkey

        On Page 13 there is a short review of the Modern Russian Classic
        Alone by Evgeny Zamyatin.

        Page 14 features five works by Lithuanian artist Ruta Cepinskaite.

        Sabrina Laurent continues her study of the great pictorial movements
        with an article on Art Nouveau.

        The sixth installment of the Subversive's Dictionary defines "The
        Five Nons"

        Our original literature this month features Hanuman Zhang, Marvin,
        Ahmed-El Ezabi, Eamon Graham, Mohannad Elkhouly, elmoro, Paul
        Fontaine and, as always, our feline Dada poet Mina!