[2SAM]: Collation for 2Sam 22:07-12, Sun, Oct 30, 2011

  • Paul Baronowsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      [2SAM]: Collation for 2Sam 22:07-12, Sun, Oct 30, 2011

      Next up: Nov 06 2Sam 22:13-19

      By all means please do review this collation and post any questions or
      comments to the list.

      Anyone may join this group at any time (and occasional participation is
      welcome). You only need the Hebrew text of 2Samuel and a

      good dictionary or lexicon. Send your English translation in the body of
      an email message to: paulb1@...

      Thank you for taking part in the 2Sam group.

      Best Wishes,
      Paul B.
      paulb1@...
      ==================

      This week's participants are:

      DGW Don
      ECW Charlie
      KAW Kelwin
      PEB Paul
      ------

      DGW When I was in distress I called out to the Lord, I cried out to my
      God. And from his palace he heard my voice and my cry for help reached
      his ears.

      ECW In my distress I called the L-rd, I called and he heard my voice
      from his Temple my cry for help was in his ears

      KAW In my distress I call upon the L-rd and to my G-d I call. And he
      heard my voice from his temple and my cry was in his ears.

      PEB In my distress I would call (to) the L-rd, and to my G-d I would
      call; and from His temple he heard my voice, and my cry for help He
      heard (lit: "was in His ears"). He burned with anger.
      ------

      DGW And the earth shook and trembled. The foundations of the heavens
      were disturbed and were shaken for [God] was angry.

      ECW The Earth shook and rocked the foundations of the heavens trembled
      they trembled and shook because of his anger

      KAW And the earth shook and quaked. The foundations of the heavens
      trembled because he was angry.

      PEB And the land reeled to and fro and shook; and the foundations of
      the sky rumbled. And they reeled to and fro, because ...
      ------

      DGW Smoke issued from his nose and an [all] devouring fire from his
      mouth. Fiery embers came blazing forth from him.

      ECW Smoke went up from his nostrils fire from his mouth hot coals went
      from him

      KAW Smoke went up from his nostrils and from his mouth devoured. Coals
      were kindled by it.

      PEB Smoke went up in (through ?) His nostril(s), and fire out of His
      mouth consumed; coals began to burn from it.
      ------

      DGW And God bent the heavens down low and descended, and there was a
      mist beneath his feet.

      ECW He bowed the heavens and they came down thick darkness was under
      his feet

      KAW And he bowed down the heavens and descended and thick darkness was
      beneath his feet.

      PEB And he bent the sky and came down; and a heavy cloud was under His
      feet.
      ------

      DGW And he rode upon a cherub, and he flew. And he was seen on the
      wings of the wind.

      ECW He rode upon a chariot and flew, he was seen on the wings of the wind

      KAW And he rode upon a cherub and flew and he was seen upon the wings
      of the wind.

      PEB And He rode upon a cherub (poss. a storm wind), and he flew; and He
      appeared upon the wings of the wind.
      ------

      DGW And he caused darkness to be around him {covering him] as a
      tabernacle, a gathering of water [-bearing] clouds of the skies.

      ECW He made darkness around him a tent, a mass of water dark clouds

      KAW He placed darkness around him as a hut, masses of water, thick clouds.

      PEB And He set darkness (of clouds) round about Him (as) shelters;
      masses of water, dark clouds of clouds (?).