[2SAM]: Collation for 2Sam 19:34-38, Sun, July 31, 2011

  • Paul Baronowsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      [2SAM]: Collation for 2Sam 19:34-38, Sun, July 31, 2011

      Next up: 2Sam 19:39-44, due Sunday, Aug 07, by midnight your local time.

      By all means please do review this collation and post any questions or
      comments to the list.

      Anyone may join this group at any time (and occasional participation is
      welcome). You only need the Hebrew text of 2Samuel and a

      good dictionary or lexicon. Send your English translation in the body of
      an email message to: paulb2@...

      Thank you for taking part in the 2Sam group.

      Best Wishes,
      Paul B.
      paulb2@...
      ==================

      This week's participants are:

      DGW Don
      ECW Charlie
      KAW Kelwin
      PEB Paul
      TMH Emory
      ------

      DGW And the king said to Barzillai, " You, come over with me and I will
      maintain you with me in Jerusalem."

      ECW The King said to Barzillai Come over with me and I will provide for
      you with me in Jerusalem.

      KAW And the king said to Barzillai, "Cross over with me and I will
      provide for you with me in Jerusalem."

      PEB So the king said to Barzillai: "You cross over with me and I shall
      nourish you with me in Jerusalem.

      TMH And the king said to Barzillai, "Cross thou over with me, and I
      will care for thee with me in Jerusalem."
      ------

      DGW And Barzillai said to the king, " How many are the days of my life
      span that I should go up with the king to Jerusalem?

      ECW And Barzillai said to the King How long am I to live that I should
      goo up with you to Jerusalem?

      KAW But Barzillai said to the king, "How few are the years of my life
      that I should go up with the king to Jerusalem?

      PEB But Barzillai said to the king: "How many are the days of the years
      of my life, that I should go up with the king to Jerusalem?

      TMH And Barzillai said to the king, "As what [are] the days of the
      years of my life, that I should go up with the king [to] Jerusalem?"
      ------

      DGW I am eighty years old. This day, will I distinguish between good
      and bad if your servant tastes what I am to eat and drink? Will I hear
      any more the voice of men and women singing? And why should your servant
      continue to be a burden to the king?

      ECW I am 80 years old today Am Do I know between good and evil can your
      servant taste what I eat or what I drink? Can I yet hear the voice of
      singing men or singing women? Why then would your servant be a burden to
      my Adonai the King?

      KAW I am eighty years old today. Can I distinguish between good and
      bad? Or can your servant taste what he eats or what he drinks? Or can I
      still hear the sound of singing men or singing women? Why should your
      servant be a burden to my lord the king?

      PEB I am eighty years old today; shall (should?) I distinguish between
      good and evil? Shall your servant taste what I eat or what I drink?
      Shall I hear any more the sound of singing men and singing women? Then
      why should your servant be any more a burden to my master the king?

      TMH "A son of 80 years I [am] this day. Between good and evil could thy
      servant discern, that which I should eat and that which I should drink?
      Could I again hear the voice of the male singers and female singers? And
      why should thy servant be for a burden to my lord the king?"
      ------

      DGW Your servant would merely cross over the river Jordan with the
      king. Why would the king recompense me with such a reward?

      ECW Your servant will go a little way across the Jordan with the King.
      Why should the king deal out to me such a reward?

      KAW Your servant will cross over the Jordan a little way with the king.
      Why should the king compensate me with this reward?

      PEB Your servant would just cross over the Jordan with the king. But
      why should the king repay me this reward?

      TMH "Just a little shall thy servant pass over the Jordan with the
      king. But why would the king show me this reward?"
      ------

      DGW Let your servant return, I pray you, and let me die in my own city
      where are the tombs of my father and my mother. And behold, your servant
      Chimham, he will cross over [ the Jordan] with my lord the king, and
      then do to him what you think is good.'

      ECW Please let your servant return that I may die in my city near the
      grave of my father and my mother. And behold your servant Chimham let
      him cross over with my Adonai the King and do to him whatever is good in
      your eyes.

      KAW Please let your servant return that I may die in my own city hear
      the grave of my father and mother. But here is your servant Chimham. Let
      him cross over with my lord the king and do to him whatever is good in
      your eyes.

      PEB Let your servant turn back now, that I may die in my (own) city
      with (= in which is) the grave of my father and my mother. But see, your
      servant Khimham will cross over with my master the king, and do for him
      what is good in your eyes."

      TMH "Please let thy servant return and die in my city with the grave of
      my father and my mother. But behold thy servant Chimhah shall cross over
      with my lord the king, and do thou to him whatever seems good in thy eyes."
    • Charlie White
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011

        Hello all:

        Here is the collation for Genesis 05:15

        Please post any questions or comments to the list.

        Next assignment is Genesis 05:16 due before Midnight Sunday 07 August 2011 your local time.

        Please email assignments in the requested format to c97white@...

        This is an open group that anyone may join at any time. The main purpose of the group is to manitain Hebrew typing skills with the additoinal benefit of skills in translating from one of the best loved books in the scriptures.

        When we come accros the name of the Lord, as is our custom on this group we will use the standard forms of יי and  אֱלֹקִים  and L-rd and G-d

        Thankyou.

        All the best

        Charlie

        This week's participants are

        ECW Charlie
        KAW Kelwin
        MAT  Mary Ann
        PEB  Paul

        ECW  וַיְּהִי מַהַלַלְאֵל חָמֵשׁ שַׁנִים וְשִׁשִׁים שָׁנָה וַיּוֹלַד אֶת־יָרֶד

        ECW  When Mahalel was sixty five he begat Jared

        KAW  וַיְחִי מַהֲלַלְאֵל חָמֵשׁ שָׁנִים וְשִׁשִּׁים שָׁנָה וַיּוֹלֶד אֶת־יָרֶד׃

        KAW  And Mahalalel lived sixty-five years and begat Jared.

        MAT  וַיְחִי מַהֲלַלְאֵל חָמֵשׁ שָׁנִים וְשִׁשִּׁים שָׁנָה וַיּוֹלֶד אֶת־יָרֶד

        MAT And Mahalalel was sixty five years old when he fathered Jared.

        PEB וַיְחִי מַהֲלַלְאֵל חָמֵשׁ שָׁנִים וְשִׁשִּׁים שָׁנָ֑ה וַיּוֹלֶד אֶת־יָֽרֶד׃

        PEB And Mahalalel had lived sixty-five years when he fathered Jared.