[2SAM]: Collation for 2Sam 16:07-12, Sun, February 27, 2011

  • Paul E. Baronowsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2011
      [2SAM]: Collation for 2Sam 16:07-12, Sun, February 27, 2011

      Next up: 2Sam 16:13-18, due Sunday, March 06, by midnight your local time.

      By all means please do review this collation and post any questions or
      comments to the list.

      Anyone may join this group at any time (and occasional participation is
      welcome). You only need the Hebrew text of 2Samuel and a good dictionary
      or lexicon. Send your English translation in the body of an email
      message to: paulb2@...

      Thank you for taking part in the 2Sam group.

      Best Wishes,
      Paul B.
      paulb2@...
      ==================

      This week's participants are:

      DGW Don
      ECW Charlie
      KAW Kelwin
      PEB Paul
      TMH Emory
      ------

      DGW And thus said Shimei when he cursed him, " Get out, get out, you
      man of blood and man of Belial (or worthless rascal).

      ECW And thus Shimei said as he cursed Get out get out you man of blood
      you worthless fellow.

      KAW And thus said Shimei when he cursed, "Go, Go, man of blood and
      worthless man.

      PEB And Shimei spoke thus when he was cursing him: "Go away! Go away,
      (you) bloody and good-for-nothing man!

      TMH And thus Shimi said as he cursed him, "Go thou, go thou, O man of
      bloodshed and man of worthlessness!"
      ------

      DGW The Lord has returned unto you all the blood of the house of Saul
      in place of whom you have reigned. And the Lord has given your kingdom
      into the hand of Absalom, your son, and behold! you are taken by your
      own wickedness, for you are a man of blood."

      ECW May the L-rd return upon you all the blood of the House of Saul for
      you reign instead of him and The L-rd has given your Kingdom into the
      hand of Absalom your son and behold yourself your evil is upon you, you
      are a man of blood.

      KAW The L-ord has brought upon you all the blood of the house of Saul
      in whose place you have ruled. And the L-rd has given the kingdom into
      the hand of your son Absalom because of your evil, for you are a man of
      blood."

      PEB The L-rd has caused all the bloodshed of the house of Saul, which
      you have ruled instead of him, to turn back upon you, so the L-rd has
      given the kingship into the hand of Abshalom, your son; and here you are
      in your evil, for you are a bloody man".

      TMH "The LORD has caused to return upon thee all the blood of the house
      of Saul because thou has reigned in place of him, and the LORD has given
      the kingdom into the hand of Absalom thy son, and behold thou [are] in
      thy [own] evil, because a man of bloodshed thou [are]."
      ------

      DGW And Abishai, the son of Zeruiah, said to the king, "Why does this
      dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over (to him ) and I will cut
      off his head."

      ECW And Abishai the son of Zeruiah said to the King Why should this
      dead dog curse My Adonai The King? Please let me cross over and I will
      take off his head.

      KAW And Abishai, the son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this
      dead dog curse my lord, the king? Let me go over and remove his head."

      PEB Then Abishai, the son of Zaruiah, said to the king: "Why should
      this dead dog curse my master the king? Let me pass over and let me take
      off his head".

      TMH And Abishai the son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this
      dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me please go over and take off his
      head!"
      ------

      DGW And the king said, "What business have I with you, sons of Zeruiah?
      Let him curse thus, for the Lord said to him, "Curse David!" and who
      will say why did you do so?"

      ECW What is there between me and you Son of Zeruiah? Thus let him curse
      for maybe The L-rd said to him Curse David and who should say Why is he
      doing this?

      KAW But the king said, "What have I to do with you , sons of Zeruiah?
      He curses because the L-rd said to him, 'Curse David.' Who shall say,
      'Why have you done this?'"

      PEB But the king said: "What is it to me and to you, sons of Zaruiah,
      that he curses (me) because the L-rd has said to him, 'Curse David'?
      Then who shall say; 'Why have you done so'?"

      TMH And the king said, "What do I have to do with you, O sons of
      Zeruiah? So he shall curse, for the LORD has said to him, 'Curse thou
      David'. And who should say, 'Why has thou done thus?' "
      ------

      DGW And David said to Abishai and to all his servants, "Behold! my son,
      who came out of my body seeks my life, and even more, this man of (the
      tribe of) Benjamin. Let him be and let him curse for the Lord told him
      to do so.

      ECW And David said to Abishai and all his servants ‘My son who has come
      form my body seeks my life and if because now this Benjamite does it
      because the L-rd said to him curse him.

      KAW And David said to Abishai and all his servants, "Behold, my son,
      who came from my bowels, is seeking my life. How much more now this
      Benjaminite? Leave him alone and let him curse for the L-rd told him.

      PEB Then David said to Abishai and to all his servants: "Look, my son,
      who came forth from my belly, is seeking my life. How much more now the
      Benjaminite? Avoid him! He may curse, for the L-rd said (so) to him.

      TMH And David said to Abishai and to all his servants, "Behold my son
      who has come forth from my loins [is] seeking my life, and also indeed
      now the Benjamite. Leave ye him alone and let him curse, for the LORD
      has spoken to him."
      ------

      DGW Maybe the Lord will look upon my eyes and the Lord will return me a
      favour in return for his cursing me today.

      ECW Perhaps the L-rd will see the wrong done to me and The L-rd will
      return good to me instead of cursing this day.

      KAW Perhaps the L-rd will look on my affliction and return good to me
      instead of his curse this day."

      PEB Perhaps the L-rd may see with my eye (i.e., ... may see what I am
      suffering ?) {More likely: ...may look at my affliction}. Then the L-rd
      may return back goodness to me in place of his cursing (on) this day".

      TMH "Perhaps the LORD shall see with my eye (?) and the LORD shall
      return to me good in place of his cursing this day."