[Genesis] Collation for Genesis 02:09 Due 29 November 2009

  • Charlie White
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hello all:

      Here is the collation for Genesis 02:09

      Please post any questions or comments to the list.

      Next assignment is Genesis 02:10 due before Midnight Sunday 6 December 2009 your local time.

      Please email assignments in the requested format to c97white@...

      This is an open group that anyone may join at any time. The main purpose of the group is to manitain Hebrew typing skills with the additoinal benefit of skills in translating from one of the best loved books in the scriptures.

      When we come accros the name of the Lord, as is our custom on this group we will use the standard forms of יי and  אֱלֹקִים  and L-rd and G-d

      Thankyou.

      All the best

      Charlie

      This week's participants are

      ECW Charlie
      KAW Kelwin
      PEB  Paul

      ECW וַיַּצְמַח יי אֱלֹקִים מִן־הָאַ'דָמָה כָּל־עֵץ נֶחְמָד לְמַרְאֶת וְטוֹב לְמַאֲכָל וְעֵץ הַחַיִּים בְּתְוֹךְ הַגָּן וְעֵץ הַדַּעַת טוֹב
      וְרָע

      ECW And The L-rd G-d planted from the ground every tree that was beautiful to look at and good to eat and the tree of life in the middle of the graden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

      KAW  וַיַּצְמַח יי אֱלֹקִים מִן־הָאֲדָמָה כָּל־עֵץ נֶחְמָד לְמַרְאֶה וְטוֹב לְמַאֲכָל וְעֵץ הַחַיִּים בְּתוֹךְ הַגָּן וְעֵץ הַדַּעַת טוֹב וָרָע׃

      KAW  And the L-rd G-d made every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good to eat and the tree of life that is in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil to grow from the ground.

      PEB וַיַּצְמַח יי אֱלֹקִים מִן־הָאֲדָם כָּל־עֵץ נֶחְמָד לְמַרְאֶה וְטוֹב לְמַאֲכָל וְעֵץ הַחַיִּים בְּתוֹךְ הַגָּן וְעֵץ הַדּדעַת טוֹב וָרָע׃

      PEB Then the L-rd G-d caused to grow from the ground every tree desirable to see and good to eat; and the tree of life (was) in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

    • emubird21
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        I might be interested -- I'll see how quick I can get the book, and whether I'm really going to have time to take on one more project. I have an awful tendency to join these things and then drop out when work/family get too intense.

        What do people think of this book? Was the Mounce Greek one fairly easy to understand? Will I need a dictionary or is one provided in the book?

        If I join, I'll use EMU as my initials.

        Emu (Beth) (Minnesota)