Ivrit B1 collation of Unit 4 story 2 pg 105

  • Terri
    Message 1 of 256 , Jan 3, 2007
      Happy New Year everyone! I trust you have all made a new year's resolution
      like I have to set aside twice as much time to study Hebrew as in 2006! :-)

      How is everyone doing with the sound classes of verbs (gizrot) in this unit?
      Any questions?

      Collation of Ivrit Shalav Bet Unit 4 story 2 page 105.

      Next assignment: Ivrit Shalav Alef Unit 4 story 3 on page 111
      (line by line uploaded to the files section)

      Due Next week: Tuesday, January 9, 2007
      Send to: Terri Irmiter mail2terri@...

      # BT Bill
      # DD Dana
      # IO Ilana
      # RBV Regina
      # TI Terri

      ENG 1 BT A small family and a large family
      ENG 1 DD A Small Family and a Large Family
      ENG 1 IO A Small Family and a Large Family
      ENG 1 RBV A Small Family, A Large Family
      ENG 1 TI A Small and a Large Family

      ENG 2 BT (Absalom) Do you have family in Israel?
      ENG 2 DD Absalom: "Do you have family in Israel?"
      ENG 2 IO Do you have family in Israel?
      ENG 2 RBV Absalom: Do you have a family in Israel?
      ENG 2 TI Absalom: Do you have family in Israel?

      ENG 3 BT (Deborah) Yes, I have an eighty year old Grandmother.
      ENG 3 DD Deborah: Yes, I have an eighty year old grandmother.
      ENG 3 IO Yes, I have an 80-year-old grandma.
      ENG 3 RBV Dvorah : Yes, I have a grandmother 80 years old.
      ENG 3 TI Dvorah: Yes, I have an eighty year old grandmother.

      ENG 4 BT She lives in Haifa.
      ENG 4 DD She lives in Haifa.
      ENG 4 IO She lives in Haifa.
      ENG 4 RBV She lives in Haifa.
      ENG 4 TI She lives in Haifa.

      ENG 5 BT (Absalom) And where are the parents?
      ENG 5 DD Absalom: And where are the parents?
      ENG 5 IO And where are (your) parents?
      ENG 5 RBV Absalom: And where are the parents.
      ENG 5 TI Absalom: And where are the parents?

      ENG 6 BT (Deborah)The parents live in the lands of the covenant,and I
      have in England.
      ENG 6 DD Deborah: The parents are living in the United States and I
      have a brother in England.
      ENG 6 IO (My) parents live in the U.S. and I have a brother in
      England.
      ENG 6 RBV Dvorah: The parents live in the United States and I have a
      brother in England.
      ENG 6 TI Dvorah: The parents live in United States, and I have a
      brother in England.

      ENG 7 BT (Absalom) Only one?
      ENG 7 DD Absalom: Only one brother?
      ENG 7 IO Only one brother?
      ENG 7 RBV Absalom: Only one brother.
      ENG 7 TI Absalom: Only one brother?

      ENG 8 BT (Deborah) Yes, we are only three children.
      ENG 8 DD Deborah: Yes, we are only three children.
      ENG 8 IO Yes, we are only three children.
      ENG 8 RBV Dvorah: Yes we are only three children.
      ENG 8 TI Dvorah: Yes we are only three children.

      ENG 9 BT (Absalom) Do you have a sister?
      ENG 9 DD Absalom: Do you have a sister?
      ENG 9 IO You have a sister?
      ENG 9 RBV Absalom: Do you have a sister?
      ENG 9 TI Absalom: Do you have a sister?

      ENG 10 BT (Deborah) Yes I have a young sister.
      ENG 10 DD Deborah: Yes, I have a younger sister.
      ENG 10 IO Yes, I have a sister in Syria.
      ENG 10 RBV Dvorah: Yes. I have a younger sister.
      ENG 10 TI Dvorah: Yes, I have a young sister.

      ENG 11 BT (Absalom) How old is she?
      ENG 11 DD Absalom: How old is she?
      ENG 11 IO How old is she?
      ENG 11 RBV Absolom: How old is she?
      ENG 11 TI Absalom: How old is she?

      ENG 12 BT (Deborah) She is fifteen
      ENG 12 DD Deborah: She is fifteen years old.
      ENG 12 IO She is fifteen.
      ENG 12 RBV Dvorah: She is 15 years old.
      ENG 12 TI Dvorah: She is fifteen years old.

      ENG 13 BT (Absalom) You have a small family.
      ENG 13 DD Absalom: You have a small family!
      ENG 13 IO You have a small family.
      ENG 13 RBV Absalom: You have a small family.
      ENG 13 TI Absalom: You have a small family!

      ENG 14 BT (Absalom) I have a large (big) family.
      ENG 14 DD Absalom: I have a big family.
      ENG 14 IO I have a large family
      ENG 14 RBV Absalom: I have a large family.
      ENG 14 TI Absalom: I have a large family.

      ENG 15 BT (Deborah) How many brothers and sisters do you have?
      ENG 15 DD Deborah: How many brothers and sisters do you have?
      ENG 15 IO How many brothers and sisters do you have?
      ENG 15 RBV Dvorah: How many brothers and sisters do you have?
      ENG 15 TI Dvorah: How many brothers and sisters do you have?

      ENG 16 BT (Absalom) I have six brothers and two sisters.
      ENG 16 DD Absalom: I have six brothers and two sisters.
      ENG 16 IO I have six brothers and two sisters.
      ENG 16 RBV Absalom: I have three brothers and two sisters.
      ENG 16 TI Absalom: I have six brothers and two sisters.

      ENG 17 BT ( Deborah) Where do they live?
      ENG 17 DD Deborah: Where are they living?
      ENG 17 IO Where do they live?
      ENG 17 RBV Dvorah: Where do they live?
      ENG 17 TI Dvorah: Where do they live?

      ENG 18 BT (Absalom) They live in Israel.
      ENG 18 DD Absalom: They live in Israel.
      ENG 18 IO They live in Israel.
      ENG 18 RBV Absalom: They live in Israel.
      ENG 18 TI Absalom: They live in Israel.

      ENG 19 BT Five brothers live in Jerusalem, and one lives in
      Beer-Sheva, and he has seven children.
      ENG 19 DD Five brothers live in Jerusalem, and one brother lives in
      Beer-Sheba, and he has seven children.
      ENG 19 IO Five brothers live in Jerusalem, and one brother lives in
      Be'er Sheva and he has seven children.
      ENG 19 RBV Absalom: Five brothers live in Jerusalem and one brother in
      Kvar Saba. and he has seven children.
      ENG 19 TI Five brothers live in Jerusalem, and one brother lives in
      Beer shava, and I have seven children.

      ENG 20 BT (Deborah) And where do your sisters live?
      ENG 20 DD Deborah: And where do your sisters live?
      ENG 20 IO And where do your sisters live?
      ENG 20 RBV Dvorah: And where do your sisters live?
      ENG 20 TI Dvorah: And where do your sisters live?

      ENG 21 BT (Absalom) One Sister lives in Elait, and she has four
      children
      ENG 21 DD Absalom: One sister lives in Ailot and she has four
      children.
      ENG 21 IO One sister lives in Eilat and she has four children.
      ENG 21 RBV Absalom: One sister lives in Eilat and she has four
      children.
      ENG 21 TI Absalom: One sister lives in Ailot and she has four
      children.

      ENG 22 BT And the second sister lives on a Kibbutz, and she has ten
      children.
      ENG 22 DD And the second sister lives in a kibbutz and she has ten
      children.
      ENG 22 IO And the second sister lives on a kibbutz and she has ten
      children.
      ENG 22 RBV Absalom: The second sister lives on a kibbutz and she has
      10 children.
      ENG 22 TI And the second sister lives in Kibbutz and she has ten
      children.

      ENG 23 BT (Deborah) Wonderful, I love a large family.
      ENG 23 DD Deborah: Super, I love a big family.
      ENG 23 IO Fine, I love large families.
      ENG 23 RBV Dvorah: Excellent, I love big families.
      ENG 23 TI Dvorah: Nice, I love large families.

      ENG 24 BT (Absalom) Me too.
      ENG 24 DD Absalom: Me too.
      ENG 24 IO Me, too.
      ENG 24 RBV Absalom: Me too. d
      ENG 24 TI Absalom: Me too.
    • dana damiani
      Message 256 of 256 , Aug 10, 2009
        Hello Lyle,

        It sounds like you are doing very well with the Ivrit Shalav,  and I couldn't agree more, that Ivrit Min Ha'hatchala is probably geared more for a student that has gained some understanding of the vowels aready, and grammer.    I finished all 4 books of the Ivrit Shalav series, they were my "start" into the Hebrew language.  The primer of course being considered the first.  Not only is this series fun, but I was surprised how quickly one can learn new vocabulary words, concepts, and by the time you progress to book 3, have learned all of the verb stems.  This book will not overwhelm the student, gradually introduces the "sound classes of verbs," page 95 - which by the time you arrive there is very attainable.
        We had a group work thru all 3 books,  on this site a couple years ago.
        Good luck with your study, and if you have any questions, or comments please post any questions, there are folks here that do very well with answering grammer questions. (-:

        Dana