HaYesod 2006 / Collation Chapter 16

  • sunhomecommunities
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      HaYesod 2006 / Collation Chapter 16

      This group is open to all, including occasional participation. Lesson
      16 will be due on Sunday Dec 10, 2006. Please mail to
      jamesgross@...

      Sun Dec 10, 2006 chapter 17
      Sun Dec 17, 2006 chapter 18
      Sun Dec 24, 2006 chapter 19

      [NOTE:]For assistance on the excercises, please check Jacob Ecker's
      excellent PDF's available at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/selfstudyhebrew/files/HaYesod/

      The participants are:

      BCB Brian <>
      JG Elchanan <>
      RBV Regina <>
      ------

      BCB 00 Brian Beckman

      JG 00 Elchanan

      RBV 00 Regina
      ------

      BCB 01 The Literature Test

      JG 01 The Test in Literature

      RBV 01 The Test in Literature
      ------

      BCB 02 All night I dreamed about the literature test.

      JG 02 All night I dreamed about the test in literature.

      RBV 02 All night I dreamed about the test on literature.
      ------

      BCB 03 I got up early in the morning.

      JG 03 I got up early in the morning.

      RBV 03 U got up early in the morning.
      ------

      BCB 04 I jumped from bed.

      JG 04 I jumped from bed.

      RBV 04 jumped from the bed.
      ------

      BCB 05 I quickly put on clothes.

      JG 05 I dressed (in) clothes quickly.

      RBV 05 I put on clothes quickly
      ------

      BCB 06 I didn't eat a thing.

      JG 06 I did not eat a thing

      RBV 06 I didn't eat a thing.
      ------

      BCB 07 I took the briefcase, put the books in it, also the notebooks,
      and quickly ran from the house.

      JG 07 I took the bag, and put the books and notebook in it, and ran
      quickly from the house.

      RBV 07 I took the shopping bag, I put the books and notebooks in it,
      And I ran quickly from the house.
      ------

      BCB 08 The streets [were] quiet.

      JG 08 The streets were empty.

      RBV 08 It was quiet in the streets;
      ------

      BCB 09 No noise was heard from taxis or cars.

      JG 09 No noise was heard from the taxicabs or cars.

      RBV 09 I did not hear noise of taxies or automobiles.
      ------

      BCB 10 The sidewalks were nearly empty.

      JG 10 The sidewalks were almost empty.

      RBV 10 The sidewalks were empty.
      ------

      BCB 11 But I didn't pay attention to the quiet that was in the
      streets.

      JG 11 But I dod not pay attention to the quiet in the streets.

      RBV 11 But I did not pay attention to the quiet that was in the
      street.
      ------

      BCB 12 All the time I thought only about one thing -- about the test.

      JG 12 All the time I thought only on one thing - on the test.

      RBV 12 All the time I only heard about one thing - about the test.
      ------

      BCB 13 I thought about authors and about interesting stories, about
      the poets and about beautiful poems, that we studied in
      Literature.

      JG 13 I thought about the authors of the interesting stories, about
      the poets of beatuiful songs, that we learn in literature.

      RBV 13 I thought about the authors and the interesting and the
      interesting books About the poets and the beautiful songs which
      we learned in the literature.
      ------

      BCB 14 I came to school and behold the door [was] closed, and outside
      there [are] no students [Ayn instead of Lo argues against past
      tense?]

      JG 14 I came to school and behold I saw the door closed, and outside
      there was no students.

      RBV 14 I came to the school and behold I saw that the door was
      closed. No students in the street.
      ------

      BCB 15 "Where is everyone?

      JG 15 "Where is everyone?"

      RBV 15 Where is everyone?.
      ------

      BCB 16 Why is the door closed?"

      JG 16 "Why is the door closed"

      RBV 16 Why is the door closed?
      ------

      BCB 17 I shouted out loud, but no one answers and no one opens.

      JG 17 I shouted out loud, but no one answered and no ones opened,

      RBV 17 I shouted aloud but there was no answer and nothing was open.
      ------

      BCB 18 At that moment passes a police car.

      JG 18 At that moment passes a police car.

      RBV 18 In another moment a police automobile passes
      ------

      BCB 19 The car parked near the school.

      JG 19 The car stood beside the school.

      RBV 19 The auto stood beside the school.
      ------

      BCB 20 A policeman got out of the car and said to me, "What are you
      doing here now?

      JG 20 A policeman got out from and said to me: "What are you doing
      here now?"

      RBV 20 An officer went out of from the auto and said to me "what are
      you doing here now?
      ------

      BCB 21 Why did you come?

      JG 21 "Why did you come."

      RBV 21 Why did you come?
      ------

      BCB 22 Don't you see the school is closed?

      JG 22 "Do you not see that the school is closed?"

      RBV 22 Didn't you see that the school is closed?
      ------

      BCB 23 There are no lessons today.

      JG 23 "There is no classes today"

      RBV 23 There are bi classes today
      ------

      BCB 24 In what world are you living?

      JG 24 "In where world do you live?"

      RBV 24 In what world do you live?
      ------

      BCB 25 Today is a holiday!"

      JG 25 "Today is a holiday!"

      RBV 25 Today is a holiday.
      ------

      BCB 26 "I forgot that today is a holiday," I said to the policeman.

      JG 26 -I forgot that today is a holiday, I said to the policeman.

      RBV 26 I forgot that today is a holiday, I said to the cop.
      ------

      BCB 27 "Thanks! Thanks to you!"

      JG 27 Thanks, Thank you!

      RBV 27 Thanks, thank you.
      ------

      BCB 28 With a heart filled with joy, I ran home.

      JG 28 In a heart filled with joy I ran home.

      RBV 28 With a full happy heart, I ran home.