Re: FWD: www.learn-hebrew.co.il

  • Callie DiBenedetto
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
      --- In selfstudyhebrew@yahoogroups.com, fenderbender_5
      <svens_dotter1873@...> wrote:

      Thank you for developing such an amazing web site! I am truly
      an idiot when it comes to learning Hebrew, but the flashcards
      make it alot easier. Shalom-Callie

      > "Hi Everyone !
      >
      > This week I launched a new website called:
      > Learn Hebrew
      > http://www.learn-hebrew.co.il
      >
      > Learn Hebrew is a free, on-line, educational resource
      > to learn Hebrew words. The flash site incorporates
      > 46 topics, along with over 1,700 Hebrew words and
      > phrases. Each Hebrew word is presented as an image
      > with nikud [vowels]. When you click on a word or
      > phrase you can hear it spoken. The high quality audio
      > was created in a sound studio.
      >
      > The site is multilingual. The menus, transliterations and
      > translations are in four languages: English, French,
      > Russian and Spanish.
      >
      > Both the student and the teacher will find the site easy to use
      > and very educational. As mentioned, the site is free to all.
      >
      > Feedback is welcome.
      >
      > Please forward this message to anyone that may be interested
      > in learning Hebrew. Thank you!
      >
      > Have a good day,
      > Jacob"

    • Dorothy Raskin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2006
        Thanks so much for passing along this "Learn Hebrew"
        site. I have almost completely quit playing FreeCell
        in favor of increasing my Hebrew vocabulary. The
        sound is especially good and helpful. Thanks again.
        Dody R.

        --- fenderbender_5 <svens_dotter1873@...> wrote:

        > "Hi Everyone !
        >
        > This week I launched a new website called:
        > Learn Hebrew
        > http://www.learn-hebrew.co.il
        >
        > Learn Hebrew is a free, on-line, educational
        > resource
        > to learn Hebrew words. The flash site incorporates
        > 46 topics, along with over 1,700 Hebrew words and
        > phrases. Each Hebrew word is presented as an image
        > with nikud [vowels]. When you click on a word or
        > phrase you can hear it spoken. The high quality
        > audio
        > was created in a sound studio.
        >
        > The site is multilingual. The menus,
        > transliterations and
        > translations are in four languages: English, French,
        >
        > Russian and Spanish.
        >
        > Both the student and the teacher will find the site
        > easy to use
        > and very educational. As mentioned, the site is free
        > to all.
        >
        > Feedback is welcome.
        >
        > Please forward this message to anyone that may be
        > interested
        > in learning Hebrew. Thank you!
        >
        > Have a good day,
        > Jacob"

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Terri
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
          This is the collation of Ivrit Shalav Alef's Unit 5 story 2 page 116.
          Welcome to Robert! Glad to have you join us. Anyone can join us at
          anytime. All are welcome.

          Next assignment: Ivrit Shalav Alef Unit 6 story 1 on page 119

          Due Next week: Tuesday, July 18, 2006
          send to: Terri Irmiter mail2terri@...

          # BT Bill
          # DD Dana
          # IO Ilana
          # LB Lynda
          # RBV Regina
          # RK Robert
          # TI Terri

          ENG 1 BT A wise man.
          ENG 1 DD A Wise Man
          ENG 1 IO A Wise Man
          ENG 1 LB A Wise Man
          ENG 1 RBV A wise man
          ENG 1 RK A Wise Man.
          ENG 1 TI A Wise Man

          ENG 2 BT Joshua son of Hananiah was a wise man, but he was very ugly.
          ENG 2 DD Joshua son of Hanania was a wise man but he was very ugly.
          ENG 2 IO Joshua Ben Chananya was a wise man, but he was very ugly.
          ENG 2 LB Joshua, son of Chananyah, was a wise man but he was very
          ugly.
          ENG 2 RBV Joshua, the son of Chanya, was a wise man but he was very
          ugly. ENG # RBV The King of Rome loved to speak to Joshua
          about the Torah because Joshua was very wise.
          ENG 2 RK Joshua ben Chananya was a wise man but he was very ugly.
          ENG 2 TI Joshua son of Chananyah was a wise man but we was very ugly.

          ENG 3 BT The King of Rome liked to talk to Joshua about the Torah,
          because Joshua was very smart.
          ENG 3 DD The king of Rome loved to speak to Joshua about the Torah
          because Joshua was very wise.
          ENG 3 IO The king of Rome liked to talk to Joshua about the Torah,
          because Joshua was very wise.
          ENG 3 LB The king of Rome liked to talk to Joshua about Torah because
          Joshua was very wise.
          ENG 3 RK The King of Rome liked to talk to Joshua about the Torah
          because Joshua was very wise.
          ENG 3 TI The King of Rome liked to speak with Joshua about the Torah
          because Joshua was very wise.

          ENG 4 BT One time Joshua met the daughter of the King.
          ENG 4 DD One time Joshua met the daughter of the king. (princess)
          ENG 4 IO Once Joshua met a princess.
          ENG 4 LB Once Joshua met the king's daughter.
          ENG 4 RBV Once he met the king's daughter.
          ENG 4 RK Once, Joshua met the daughter of the king.
          ENG 4 TI Once Joshua met the king's daughter.

          ENG 5 BT The daughter of the king said to Joshua."my Father said that
          you are a very wise man.
          ENG 5 DD The princess said to Joshua: "My father said that you are a
          very wise man."
          ENG 5 IO The princess said to Joshua: "My father said that you are a
          very wise man."
          ENG 5 LB The king's daughter said to Joshua: "My father says that you
          are a very wise man. "
          ENG 5 RBV The King's daughter said to Joshua: "My father said that you
          are a very wise man".
          ENG 5 RK Said the daughter of the king to Joshua, "My father said
          that you are a very wise man."
          ENG 5 TI The king's daughter said to Joshua: "My father said that you
          are a very wise man.

          ENG 6 BT Why did HaShem put a wise heart in an ugly body?
          ENG 6 DD "Why did G-d put a wise heart in an ugly body?"
          ENG 6 IO Why did G-d put a wise heart into an ugly body?
          ENG 6 LB " Why did G-d put a wise heart in an ugly body?"
          ENG 6 RBV "Why did G-d put a wise heart in an ugly body?"
          ENG 6 RK "Why did God put a wise heart in an ugly body?"
          ENG 6 TI Why did G-d put a wise heart in an ugly body?"

          ENG 7 BT Joshua answered: Does the King have wine?
          ENG 7 DD Joshua answered: "Does the king have wine?"
          ENG 7 IO Joshua answered: "Does the king have wine?"
          ENG 7 LB Joshua answered: "Does the king have wine?"
          ENG 7 RBV Joshua answered: "Does the king have wine".
          ENG 7 RK Joshua answered, "Does the king have wine?"
          ENG 7 TI Joshua answered: "Does the king have wine?"

          ENG 8 BT "Yes"
          ENG 8 DD Yes.
          ENG 8 IO Yes.
          ENG 8 LB "Yes."
          ENG 8 RBV "Yes"
          ENG 8 RK "Yes."
          ENG 8 TI "Yes."

          ENG 9 BT "Where does he put the wine?"
          ENG 9 DD "Where does he put the wine?"
          ENG 9 IO Where does he put the wine?
          ENG 9 LB "Where does he put the wine?"
          ENG 9 RBV "Where did he put the wine?"
          ENG 9 RK "Where does he put the wine?"
          ENG 9 TI "Where does he put the wine?"

          ENG 10 BT "In utensils of earthenware" answered the King's daughter.
          ENG 10 DD "In vessels of earthenware," the princess answers.
          ENG 10 IO "In earthenware vessels," answered the princess."
          ENG 10 LB "In earthenware utensils," answered the king's daughter.
          ENG 10 RBV "In utensils of earthenware" answered the king's daughter.
          ENG 10 RK "In utensils of earthenware," answered the daughter of the
          king.
          ENG 10 TI "In utensils of earthenware," answers the king's daughter.

          ENG 11 BT Joshua laughed." utensils of earthenware are good for poor
          people".
          ENG 11 DD Joshua laughed: "Vessels of earthenware are good for the
          poor people."
          ENG 11 IO Joshua laughed: "Earthenware vessels are good for poor
          people."
          ENG 11 LB Joshua laughed: "Earthenware utensils are good for the
          people's wine."
          ENG 11 RBV Joshua laughed: "utensils of earthenware are good for poor
          people".
          ENG 11 RK Joshua laughed, "Utensils of earthenware, they are good for
          poor people.
          ENG 11 TI Joshua laughed: "Utensils of earthenware are good for poor
          people.

          ENG 12 BT The King needs to put the wine in utensils of silver or
          gold.
          ENG 12 DD The king needs to put the wine in vessels of silver or
          gold."
          ENG 12 IO The king needs to put the wine in vessels of silver or
          gold.
          ENG 12 LB "The king should put his wine in silver or gold utensils."
          ENG 12 RBV "The king needs to put the wine in utensils of silver or
          gold."
          ENG 12 RK The king should put wine in utensils of silver or gold."
          ENG 12 TI The King should put the wine in utensils of silver or
          gold."

          ENG 13 BT The King's daughter went and put the wine in utensils of
          silver and utensils of gold.
          ENG 13 DD The princess went and put the wine in vessels of silver and
          in vessels of gold.
          ENG 13 IO The princess went and put the wine in vessels of gold and
          silver.
          ENG 13 LB The king's daughter went and put the wine in silver and
          gold utensils."
          ENG 13 RBV The king's daughter put the wine in utensils of silver and
          utensils and utensils of gold.
          ENG 13 RK The king's daughter went and put the wine in utensils of
          silver and in utensils of gold.
          ENG 13 TI The king's daughter went and put the wine in utensils of
          silver and utensils of gold.

          ENG 14 BT One time guest came to the King.
          ENG 14 DD One time guests came to the king.
          ENG 14 IO Once guests came to the king.
          ENG 14 LB Once, guests came to visit the king.
          ENG 14 RBV Once guests came to the king.
          ENG 14 RK Once guests came to the king.
          ENG 14 TI Once guests came to the King.

          ENG 15 BT The King gave them wine, and the wine was soured.
          ENG 15 DD The king gave them wine, and the wine soured.
          ENG 15 IO The king gave them wine and the wine was soured.
          ENG 15 LB The king gave them wine and the wine was soured.
          ENG 15 RBV The king gave them wine and the wine soured.
          ENG 15 RK The king gave to them wine and the wine was soured.
          ENG 15 TI The King gave wine to them and the wine soured.

          ENG 16 BT The King asked: who did this?
          ENG 16 DD The king asked: "Who did this?"
          ENG 16 IO The king asked, "Who did this?"
          ENG 16 LB The king asked: "Who did this?"
          ENG 16 RBV The king asked: "who did this".\.
          ENG 16 RK The king asked, " Who did this?"
          ENG 16 TI The King asked: "Who did this?"

          ENG 17 BT The people said: the King's daughter put the wine in
          utensils of gold and the wine soured.
          ENG 17 DD The people said: "The princess put the wine in vessels of
          gold and the wine soured."
          ENG 17 IO The people said: "The princess put the wine in vessels of
          gold and the wine soured."
          ENG 17 LB The people said: "The king's daughter put the wine in a
          gold utensil and the wine soured."
          ENG 17 RBV The people said: "the king's daughter put the wine in a
          utensil of gold and the wine soured".
          ENG 17 RK The people said, "The daughter of the king put the wine in
          utensils of gold and the wine soured."
          ENG 17 TI The people said: "The king's daughter put the wine in
          utensils of gold and the wine soured."

          ENG 18 BT The King was very angry.
          ENG 18 DD The king was very angry.
          ENG 18 IO The king was very angry.
          ENG 18 LB The king was very angry.
          ENG 18 RBV The king was very angry.
          ENG 18 RK The king was very angry.
          ENG 18 TI The King was very angry.

          ENG 19 BT When the King's daughter saw Joshua she said to him. Why
          did you say to me to put wine in utensils of gold?
          ENG 19 DD When the princess saw Joshua she said to him: "Why did you
          tell me to put the wine in vessels of gold?"
          ENG 19 IO When the princess saw Joshua, she said to him: "Why did you
          say to me to put the wine in vessels of gold?"
          ENG 19 LB When the king's daughter saw Joshua, she said: "Why did you
          say to put the wine in a gold utensil?"
          ENG 19 RBV When the king's daughter saw Joshua she said to him: "Why
          did you tell me to put the wine in a utensil of gold"?
          ENG 19 RK When the daughter of the king saw Joshua, she said to
          him,"Why did you say to me to put the wine in utensils of
          gold?"
          ENG 19 TI When the king's daughter saw Joshua, she said to him: "Why
          did you say to me to put the wine in utensils of gold?

          ENG 20 BT The wine soured and the King is very angry.
          ENG 20 DD The wine soured and the king was very angry.
          ENG 20 IO The wine soured and the king was very angry.
          ENG 20 LB "The wine soured and the king was very angry."
          ENG 20 RBV The wine soured and the king was very angry.
          ENG 20 RK "The wine soured and the king was very angry."
          ENG 20 TI The wine soured and the King was very angry."

          ENG 21 BT Joshua answered:.You asked why did HaShem put a wise heart
          in a ugly body.
          ENG 21 DD Joshua answered: "You are asking, why does G-d put a wise
          heart in an ugly body?"
          ENG 21 IO Joshua answered: "You asked why G-d put a wise heart in an
          ugly body."
          ENG 21 LB Joshua answered: "You asked why G-d put a wise heart in an
          ugly body."
          ENG 21 RBV Joshua answered: " you asked why G-d put a wise heart in an
          ugly body".
          ENG 21 RK Joshua answered, "You ask why God put a wise heart in an
          ugly body."
          ENG 21 TI Joshua answered: "You ask why G-d put a wise heart in an
          ugly body.

          ENG 22 BT Now you see that the wine is preserved in utensils of
          earthenware, plain utensils.And also the wisdom is
          preserved in a ugly body
          ENG 22 DD Now you see that the wine is preserved in vessels of
          earthenware, plain vessels, and also wisdom is preserved in
          an ugly body.
          ENG 22 IO "Now you see that the wine is preserved in earthenware
          vessels, plain vessels, and also the wisdom is preserved in
          an ugly body."
          ENG 22 LB Now you see, the wine is preserved in an earthenware
          utensil just as wisdom is preserved in an ugly body."
          ENG 22 RBV Now you see that the wine is preserver in a plain
          earthenware utensil and the wisdom is kept in an ugly body.
          .
          ENG 22 RK "Now you see that the wine is preserved in utensils of
          earthenware, plain utensils; and also wisdom is preserved
          in an ugly body."
          ENG 22 TI Now you see that the wine is preserved in utensils of
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2006
            The next story line by line form has been uploaded to the files section. It
            is located in the Unit 6 folder. The program that it was typed on was
            having a bad day and didn't like writing out "Jacob" on lines 2 and 25. I
            need to save up and get Davka writer so I can type Hebrew and then make the
            PDF all in one program, but it will be a while. That would solve all the
            problems. Microsoft Word can write Hebrew (most of the time), but the PDF
            program can't always translate it.

            Hope you can work around "Jacob" on lines 2 and 25.

            Terri
          • Terri
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 13, 2006
              The problems on line 2 and 25 were with the commas mid-sentences. The
              file is now repaired and uploaded again to the files section. Please
              forgive the "technical" difficulties!

              Terri