Re: [selfstudyhebrew] Re: Ivrit-A line by line for Unit 3 story 2

  • dana damiani
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      I was also completely at a loss with the name "Choni". The only way I got the spelling on this was hit and miss useing the internet. Finally I typed in something close to the spelling of "Choni the circlemaker", and the story came up taken from the Talmud. Otherwise, I was ready to submit "Hoeney" and That didn't look right! This was a tough name for me to figure out without being familiar with the story also.
      Dana

      Lynda Beckler <lynda_beckler@...> wrote:
      Well, now that you mention it ;-)
      I am having the most trouble with identifying proper names, since
      there's no capitalization. Is there an easy way? "Choni" took me a
      couple of hours to figure out. And in the first story, I spent two
      evenings rummaging through the dictionary looking for a Hebrew word
      that might sound like "New York." Duuuh!
      --- In selfstudyhebrew@yahoogroups.com, "Terri" <mail2terri@...> wrote:

      > The line by line for Unit 3 story 2 is now uploaded to the files
      section. If anyone is having any problems with the lessons, or keeping
      up, please let us know. We are all here learning together, and can
      help each other out.

      > Terri

      Language translation Hebrew language