Re: [selfstudyhebrew] Coming back.

  • Aviva
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
      Great to have you back. Where are you taking your kitah aleph?

      Here is a bit of lesson 20. We start with line 1 and title.

      20 1 AE Akiva and Rachel - Beit
      20 2 AE Calba Savua had a beautiful daughter named Rachel.
      20 3 AE One day her father sent Rachel to the field.
      20 4 AE There she met Akiva the shepherd.
      20 5 AE Akiva made a great impression on Rachel.
      20 6 AE From then on Rachel from time to time went to the field to meet
      Akiva.

      Sentences end with a period, comma, question mark.

      Aviva

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2005
        Yes format fine. Please put Ha-Yesod and the chapter in the subject.

        Thanks

        Aviva

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2005
          no just continue on same line

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2005
              Does a colon : also end a line?
            • Aviva
              Message 6 of 9 , May 5, 2005
                Did I say yes except you do not start a new line after a comma. Only start
                new lines after a period, question mark or explanation.

                Aviva

                > 21 2 ME One day Rabbi Akiva needed to go to a certain city.
                > 21 3 ME He got up in the morning,
                > 21 4 ME took his tote bag,
                > 21 5 ME put food and a candle into it,
                > 21 6 ME he also took a chicken
                > 21 7 ME mounted his donkey and went out onto the road.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > --

                Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
              • Mike Epstein
                Message 7 of 9 , May 5, 2005
                  Hi Aviva. There are some weird break here after question marks. I can
                  change it if that's not what you meant.

                  Let me know.

                  This is still the best book around.

                  Mike

                  21 1 ME Everything is For the Best

                  21 2 ME One day Rabbi Akiva needed to go to a certain city.
                  21 3 ME He got up in the morning, took his tote bag, put food and a
                  candle into it, also took a rooster, mounted his donkey and went out
                  onto the road.
                  21 4 ME He took the candle with him because he wanted to study at night.
                  21 5 ME He took the rooster with him because he wanted to get up early.
                  21 6 ME Rabbi Akiva came to the city late at night and went to the
                  city's hotel.
                  21 7 ME He knocked on the door.
                  21 8 ME The innkeeper opened the door and said: "I am not able to help
                  you.
                  21 9 ME "There's no space, the hotel is full!"
                  21 10 ME Rabbi Akiva said: "I am willing to sleep on the floor."
                  21 11 ME But the innkeeper said once again: "There's no space!"
                  21 12 ME and closed the door.
                  21 13 ME Rabbi Akiva said: "What Hashem does is always for the best."
                  21 14 ME Rabbi Akiva left the city and went to the field.
                  21 15 ME In the field, he sat on a rock to study. (American English
                  makes it a rock; Israeli English would call it a stone.)
                  21 16 ME Suddenly a great wind arose and the candle went out.
                  21 17 ME Rabbi Akiva still wasn't angry when the candle went out, he
                  said "What Hashem does is always for the best"!
                  21 18 ME and went to sleep under a tree.
                  21 19 ME In the morning, Rabbi Akiva got up late.
                  21 20 ME "What happened to the rooster?"
                  21 21 ME called Rabbi Akiva
                  21 22 ME And alas he sees that the rooster is dead.
                  21 23 ME With all this, Rabbi Akiva said, "Also this is for the best!"
                  21 24 ME Rabbi Akiva returned to the city.
                  21 25 ME When he came to the city, he heard awful shouting.
                  21 26 ME "What happened?"
                  21 27 ME he asked.
                  21 28 ME "Didn't you hear?"
                  21 29 ME said the people.
                  21 30 ME "At night, robbers came to the city and penetrated the hotel."
                  21 31 ME They didn't kill a man but they took from the people all that
                  they had.
                  21 32 ME Then Rabbi Akiva said, "Thank God, that I wasn't in the hotel.
                  21 33 ME "All that Hashem does is for the best!"