Re: [selfstudyhebrew] Ha-Yesod NEW

  • Aviva
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 1, 2004
      The book needed for this is Ha-Yesod and is published by Feldheim. You can
      purchase thru them and their web site www.feldheim.com or even thru Amazon.
      You could try your local Jewish book store or maybe even a regular book
      store.

      Aviva
      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 1, 2004
        As I said, I'd like to wait until after Yom Tov, as I'll go to Israel
        from Rosh Hashana to Sukkot.
        Yalta

        Yonit Kasten wrote:

        >I would like to join this group, since I never did catch up with the first
        >group. I can start whenever everybody else is ready.
        >
        >Yonit
        >
        >The Happy Home Pregnancy and Parenting Services
        >Empowering Women with Education
        >www.thehappyhome.net

      • Andrea Classen
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 1, 2004
          Well, so I just have to try as much as I can ...

          Andrea Classen wrote:

          >As I said, I'd like to wait until after Yom Tov, as I'll go to Israel
          >from Rosh Hashana to Sukkot.
          >Yalta
          >
          >Yonit Kasten wrote:
          >

          >>I would like to join this group, since I never did catch up with the first
          >>group. I can start whenever everybody else is ready.
          >>
          >>Yonit
          >>
          >>The Happy Home Pregnancy and Parenting Services
          >>Empowering Women with Education
          >>www.thehappyhome.net

        • Aviva
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 1, 2004
            We will be going very slowly during the first month, so there should be no
            problem keeping up as the book's chapters start very slowly.

            Will you be in Jerusalem while you are here? Maybe we could get together
            for a coffee.

            Aviva
            > As I said, I'd like to wait until after Yom Tov, as I'll go to Israel
            > from Rosh Hashana to Sukkot.
            > Yalta
            >
            > Yonit Kasten wrote:
            >
            >>I would like to join this group, since I never did catch up with the first
            >>group. I can start whenever everybody else is ready.
            >>
            >>Yonit
            >>
            >>The Happy Home Pregnancy and Parenting Services
            >>Empowering Women with Education
            >>www.thehappyhome.net

          • Bob
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 1, 2004
              Thanks Aviva for your dedication to helping with this course. I have
              been waiting for a new Ha-Yesod to start and can start at any time.

              Thanks again.
              Bob England
              ;-)
            • Aviva
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 1, 2004
                Shalom all:

                I did forget one minor detail.

                Line one should be a translation of the title of the story.

                Line two starts with the translation of the story itself.

                Remember that a line ends with a ?, ! or a .

                Aviva
                > We will be going very slowly during the first month, so there should be no
                > problem keeping up as the book's chapters start very slowly.
                >
                > Will you be in Jerusalem while you are here? Maybe we could get together
                > for a coffee.
                >
                > Aviva

              • Andrea Classen
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 2, 2004
                  That would be very nice. Mostly we'll stay with friends in Petach Tikva,
                  but we want to come to Jerusalem for a few days. Would it be ok if I
                  contacted you off-list about this?
                  Yalta
                  Aviva wrote:

                  >We will be going very slowly during the first month, so there should be no
                  >problem keeping up as the book's chapters start very slowly.
                  >
                  >Will you be in Jerusalem while you are here? Maybe we could get together
                  >for a coffee.
                  >
                  >Aviva

                • Jason Hare
                  Message 8 of 22 , Sep 2, 2004
                    Aviva,

                    Do we have to use two letters for our initials, or can
                    we use three? I would prefer to use JAH. Also, I think
                    that we should designate our initials to you so that
                    we don't have people using the same initials, which
                    would surely confuse the colation software.

                    Thanks,
                    Jason
                  • Andrea Classen
                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 6, 2004
                      Sorry, to whom DO I send the exercises? To the group? Obviously not, as
                      there are no individual exercises in the group archives, as far as I can
                      say. To Aviva's personal email address, in the case of Ha-Yesod? On the
                      site it said, to the owner of the group - what was that address?

                      Thanks. Sorry, my question comes a bit late!
                      Yalta
                    • jeannot
                      Message 10 of 22 , Sep 6, 2004
                        i'm new and really want to star a new lesson.
                        what to do and where to start?
                        Now or after Yom Tovim is good for me but i prefer starting rapidly.

                        HR

                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 8, 2004
                          on http://www.feldheim.com/aa/index.shtml the book 'Ha-Yesod' is not available
                          through Amazon there are many items linked to 'Ha-Yesod', so which is the right one
                          for instance these are amoung those listed on amazon

                          ha-Tsartsar meshorer ha-galut: �al ha-yesod ha-�amami bi-yetsirat Byalik (Mar�eh makom)
                          by Ziva Shamir

                          Yisra�el, hevrah rav-tarbutit: Hinukh le-sovlanut u-khevod ha-adam : haf�alot la-gil ha-rakh ule-khitot ha-yesod
                          by Li�orah Yisre�eli
                          ikduk ha-lashon ha-�Ivrit: �al-yesod ha-mahadurah ha-�esrim u-shemoneh shel ha-Dikduk ha-�Ivri le-Vilhelm Gezenyus she-�ubad bi-yede E. Ka�uttssh
                          by Gotthelf Bergstr�sser

                          oi shel Shabat: Ha-reka� ha-kalkali-hevrati veha-yesod ha-halakhi le-ha�asakat nokhri be-Shabatot uve-hage Yisra�el (Monografyot be-toldot �am Yisra�el)
                          by Jacob Katz

                          thanks a lot

                          HR

                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 8, 2004
                            ISBN 0-87306-214-0
                            jeannot wrote:

                            >on http://www.feldheim.com/aa/index.shtml the book 'Ha-Yesod' is not available
                            >through Amazon there are many items linked to 'Ha-Yesod', so which is the right one
                            >for instance these are amoung those listed on amazon
                            >
                            > ha-Tsartsar meshorer ha-galut: °al ha-yesod ha-°amami bi-yetsirat Byalik (Mar®eh makom)
                            >by Ziva Shamir
                            >
                            > Yisra®el, hevrah rav-tarbutit: Hinukh le-sovlanut u-khevod ha-adam : haf°alot la-gil ha-rakh ule-khitot ha-yesod
                            >by Li®orah Yisre®eli
                            > ikduk ha-lashon ha-°Ivrit: °al-yesod ha-mahadurah ha-°esrim u-shemoneh shel ha-Dikduk ha-°Ivri le-Vilhelm Gezenyus she-°ubad bi-yede E. Ka®uttssh
                            >by Gotthelf Bergsträsser
                            >
                            > oi shel Shabat: Ha-reka° ha-kalkali-hevrati veha-yesod ha-halakhi le-ha°asakat nokhri be-Shabatot uve-hage Yisra®el (Monografyot be-toldot °am Yisra®el)
                            >by Jacob Katz

                            >thanks a lot
                            >

                            >HR

                          • TJ Chambers
                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 8, 2004
                              Hayesod: Fundamentals of Hebrew
                              Uveeler, Luba; Bronznick, Norman M.
                              A comprehensive, step-by-step textbook teaching modern Hebrew language and grammar, geared especially to the needs of the English speaking student. Possible difficulties in understanding are anticipated and clarified in advance, through careful explanati
                              0-87306-214-0 Paperback: $ 24.95

                              I found this on Feldheims website. You can purchase the book also on amazon as I did. It is Ha-yesod: Fundamentals of Hebrew And the authors are listed above.

                              Aviva wrote:
                              The book needed for this is Ha-Yesod and is published by Feldheim. You can
                              purchase thru them and their web site www.feldheim.com or even thru Amazon.
                              You could try your local Jewish book store or maybe even a regular book
                              store.

                              Aviva
                              > What do I need to participate with this?
                              >
                              > Aviva wrote:Everyone who is interested in
                              > starting with Ha-Yesod - I will be happy to work with you. We can start
                              > now or wait until after all the Yom Tovim. What ever is the consensus - I
                              > will go with.
                              >
                              > Aviva

                              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • JDM
                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 8, 2004
                                HR:

                                The name of the book is: HaYesod: Fundamentals of Hebrew.

                                The author is Luba Uveeler.

                                Can buy it used in excellent condition $20.00
                                on Abebooks.com:

                                http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=267051610

                                Also on Amazon 6 copies from $22.50
                                http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0873062140/ref%3Dnosim/bookfindercom0e/104-6350474-5343962

                                Best,
                                Julia

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 20, 2005
                                    Go to
                                    http://www.feldheim.com/cgi-local/new/catalog.cgi?116|165|All+of+Textbooks
                                    and order from them if you have not already done so.

                                    Aviva
                                    > through Amazon there are many items linked to 'Ha-Yesod', so which is the
                                    > right one
                                    > for instance these are amoung those listed on amazon
                                    >
                                    > ha-Tsartsar meshorer ha-galut: °al ha-yesod ha-°amami bi-yetsirat Byalik
                                    > (Mar®eh makom)
                                    > by Ziva Shamir
                                    >
                                    > Yisra®el, hevrah rav-tarbutit: Hinukh le-sovlanut u-khevod ha-adam :
                                    > haf°alot la-gil ha-rakh ule-khitot ha-yesod
                                    > by Li®orah Yisre®eli
                                    > ikduk ha-lashon ha-°Ivrit: °al-yesod ha-mahadurah ha-°esrim u-shemoneh
                                    > shel ha-Dikduk ha-°Ivri le-Vilhelm Gezenyus she-°ubad bi-yede E. Ka®uttssh
                                    > by Gotthelf Bergstrהsser
                                    >
                                    > oi shel Shabat: Ha-reka° ha-kalkali-hevrati veha-yesod ha-halakhi
                                    > le-ha°asakat nokhri be-Shabatot uve-hage Yisra®el (Monografyot be-toldot
                                    > °am Yisra®el)
                                    > by Jacob Katz

                                    > thanks a lot
                                    >

                                    > HR
                                    >

                                    > Aviva <aviva18@...> wrote:
                                    > The book needed for this is Ha-Yesod and is published by Feldheim. You
                                    > can
                                    > purchase thru them and their web site www.feldheim.com or even thru
                                    > Amazon.
                                    > You could try your local Jewish book store or maybe even a regular book
                                    > store.
                                    >
                                    > Aviva

                                  • Aviva
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 19, 2005
                                      If you are interested, we are starting a new group soon. Did you ever get
                                      the book Ha-Yesod?

                                      Aviva