Collation: Weingreen Ex. 27

  • Berel Beyer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      Hi everyone:

      Here's the collation for Exercise 27. Kol HaKovod as always!

      As always, please post any questions or comments to the list. Next
      up: Exercise 28 due before Thursday, May (!) 6 at 4 PM DST (2000
      GMT).

      All the best,

      Berel
      --

      # CE Carolyn
      # DR Dody

      27 1 CE The sons of G-d saw the daughters of men that they were good
      (fair) and they took to themselves wives from all they chose.
      27 1 DR. The sons of the gods saw the daughters of man, that they were
      good and they took them as wives from all which they chose.
      27 1 RG The sons of G-d saw the daughters of man, that they were
      beautiful, and they took for themselves wives from all that
      they chose.
      27 1 SS the children of G-d saw the daughters of the man, that those
      were beautiful, and they took wives for them from all whom
      they chose

      27 2 CE Abraham looked and behold, men crossing over in the road, and
      he took bread and gave before them and he said to them,
      "please eat bread with me and then you may go on your way."
      And, Abraham did not know that they were angels of G-d that
      the L-rd sent to destroy the wicked city and to rescue the
      son of his brother from there.
      27 2 DR. Abraham looked and lo, men were passing along the road and he
      took bread and he gave it to them and he said to them "Eat
      bread with me I pray you as and then you will walk down your
      way; and Abraham did not know that they were messengers of
      the Lord who God had sent to slaughter the evil town and to
      save the son of his brother.
      27 2 RG Abraham saw, and behold! men passing over in the way, and he
      took bread, and gave it to them, and said to them, 'Eat,
      please, some bread with me, and then go on your way.' For
      Abraham did not know that they were angels of G-d, whom the
      L-rd had sent to destroy the evil city, and to deliver the
      son of his brother thence.
      27 2 SS Abraham saw and behold men were passing over the way and he
      took bread and gave it to them and said to them: "Please eat
      bread with me and go your way". And Abraham did not know that
      they were messengers of G-d that the Lord sent to destroy the
      evil city and to dave the son of his brother from there

      27 3 CE Sarah did not declare to them that she was the wife of
      Abraham and they took her unto Pharoah, and the L-rd smote
      Pharoah and his servant over the matter of Sarah. And, when
      Pharoah heard that she was Abraham's wife, he said to him,
      "why did you not declare to me that she is your wife and I
      took her to me? And now behold your wife is before you. Take
      her and go in peace from my land." And, he gave to him flocks
      and cattle and silver and gold and many servants.
      27 3 DR. DR Sarah did not tell them that she was the wife of Abraham
      and they took her to Pharaoh; and G_d plagued Pharaoh and his
      servants because of Sarah; and when Pharaoh heard thathe is
      the wife of Abraham, he said to him: Why did you not tell me
      thathe is your wife and I took her for myself. and now here
      is your wife before you. Take her and go in peace from my
      land. And he gave him sheep and cattle and silver and gold
      and many servants.
      27 3 RG Sarah did not tell them that she was the wife of Abraham, and
      they took her unto Pharaoh. And the L-rd smote Pharaoh and
      his servants because of the matter of Sarah. And it came to
      pass when Pharaoh heard that she was the wife of Abraham, and
      he said unto him, 'Why didst thou not tell me that she was
      your wife, and I took her unto me? And now, behold, thy wife
      is before thee, take her, and go in peace from my land.' And
      he gave him sheep and cattle and silver and gold and many
      servants.
      27 3 SS Sarah did not tell them that she was Abraham's wife and they
      took her to Pharaoh. And the Lord plagued Pharaoh and his
      servants because of the matter of Sarah. And it came to pass
      as Pharaoh heard that she was Abraham's wife and he said to
      him: "Why did you not tell me that she was your wife and I
      took her to me, and now your wife is before you, take her and
      go in peace from my land. And he gave to him a flock, a herd,
      silver, gold and many savants

      27 4 CE Isaac commanded Jacob his son saying, "do not take a wife
      from the daughters of Canaan because they are very evil in my
      eyes. Go to the house of your mother and take a wife from
      there. "
      27 4 DR. DR .Issac commanded his son Jacob: do not take a wife from
      the daughters of Canaan because they are very wicked in my
      eyes. Go the house of your Mother and take a wife from that
      place. 5. And Laban said to Jacob, Tell me what shall I give
      you and Jacob said Give me Rachel your little daughter for my
      wife. And Laban said It is better giving her to you than
      giving her to another man. because you are my brother and my
      flesh 6.Schekem came to his father and said to him: Take the
      daughter of Jacob for me as a wife because she pleases me
      very much. And the father of Schekem said to Jacob and his
      sons: My son is pleased with the girl. Give her to him for a
      wife and take our daughers as your wives and your daughters
      give to us and you will live in peace with us. Is not all the
      land before you? And the sons of Jacob said to him If you
      will listen to our voices and everything we shall say to you
      then we will give our daughters to you as wives and your
      daughters we will take and we will live with you in the land.
      If you don't listen to our voice we will take the young girl
      and go our way. 7. When Jacob heard the words of his sons, he
      said to them, you know that Rachel my wife gave me two sons
      and one went out and did not return and now if you take his
      young brother with you to Egypt, he will also die on the way.
      8. And Solomon commanded and he gave him a sword and he said
      to his servant, let us cut the child in two, this woman said
      – he's my son don't , he's my son. When the mother of the
      child heard the judgement of the king, she fell before him to
      the ground and said Give her the child and don't cut him and
      the king said to all standing before him: This is the mother
      of the child. 9.Joshua commanded the people – In the giving
      of the city by G_d into your hands, you should burn it down
      completely by fire and take its sheep and its gold for
      yourselves. 10.The prophet lived alone on the top of the
      mountain and he prayed to the Lord saying – Take my soul from
      me because it is better that I die than live. 11. Even if I
      hide in the mountains you will find me there, and if I have
      descended into the netherworld, also from there your hands
      will take me.
      27 4 RG Isaac commanded his son Jacob, saying, 'Take not a wife from
      the daughters of Canaan, for they are exceedingly evil in my
      eyes, but go unto the house of thy mother, and take a wife
      from thence.'
      27 4 SS Isaac commanded to Jacob his son: "Do not take a wife from
      the daughters of Canaan because they are very evil in my
      eyes, go to the house of your mother and take a wife from
      there

      27 5 CE Said Laban to Jacob, "declare to me what I may give to you."
      and Jacob said, "give to me Rachel your younger daughter for
      a wife". And Laban said to Jacob, "it is better that I give
      her to you than to give her to another man because you are my
      brother and my flesh."
      27 5 RG And Laban said unto Jacob, 'Tell unto me what I shall give
      thee.' And Jacob said, 'Give unto me Rachel thy younger
      daughter for a wife.' And Laban said, 'Better that I should
      give her to you then that I should give her to another man,
      for you are my brother and my flesh.'
      27 5 SS Laban said to Jacob: "Tell me what I can give you". And Jacob
      said: "Give me Rachel your youngest daughter as a wife". And
      Laban said: "It is good, I will give her to you better than
      give her to another man because you are my brother and my
      flesh

      27 6 CE Shechem came before his father and said to him, "take for me
      the daughter of Jacob for my wife because she has found much
      favor in my eyes." And the father of Shechem spoke to Jacob
      and to his sons saying, "behold your girl child has found
      favor in the eyes of Shechem my son. Give her to him for a
      wife and you take our daughters to you for your wives, and
      you give your daughters to us, and you will live in peace
      with us. Is not all the land before you?" And the sons of
      Jacob said to him, "if you obey our voice in everything that
      we say to you we will surely give our daughters to you for
      wives and your daughters we will take for us and we will live
      with you in the land; but if you will not obey our voice we
      will take the girl child and go."
      27 6 RG Shechem came before his father and said, 'Take the daughter
      of Jacob for me for a wife, for she has found great favor in
      my eyes.' And the father of Shechem spake unto Jacob and unto
      his sons saying, 'Behold, the girl has found favor in the
      eyes of Shechem my son, give her to him for a wife, and you
      shall take our daughters for yourselves as wives, and your
      daughters you shall give to us, and you shall dwell in peace
      amongst us, is not the whole land before you?' And the sons
      of Jacob said unto him, 'If you will listen to our voice
      according to all which we will speak unto you, we will indeed
      give our daughters unto you for wives, and your daughters we
      will take for ourselves, and we shall dwell with you in the
      land. But if you will not hearken unto our voice, we shall
      take the girl and we shall go.'
      27 6 SS Shechem came before his father and said to him: "Give me the
      daughter of Jacob as a wife, because she plesed me". And the
      father of Shechem spoke to Jacob and to his sons: "Behold
      your daughter has pleased my son Shechem, give her to him as
      a wife and take from our daughters as wives and give your
      daughters to us and we dwell in peace with us. Is not all the
      land before you?". And the sons of Jacob said to him: "If you
      listen our voice in all that we are saying to you certainly
      will take our daughters for you as wives and will give us
      your daughters and we will dwell with you in the land. And if
      yo will not listen to our voice we will take the daughter and
      we will go"

      27 7 CE And it came to pass when Jacob heard the words of his sons he
      said to them, "you know that, Rachel my wife bore two
      children to me and the other went forth and did not return.
      It may be when you take his younger brother with you to Egypt
      he may also die on the way."
      27 7 RG And it came to pass when Jacob heard the words of his sons,
      and he said unto them, 'You know that Rachel my wife bore me
      two, and one went forth and did not return, and it shall be
      if you take his younger brother with you towards Egypt, that
      even he shall die on the way.'
      27 7 SS and it came to pass that Jacob heard the words of his sons
      and said to them: "You know that two sons were born to Rachel
      my wife and one went out and did not return, and it will come
      to pass that you will take his youngest brother with you to
      Egypt and he will also die in the way

      27 8 CE Solomon commanded and they gave to him a sword, and he said
      to his servant, "cut the child in two because this woman says
      he is my son and the other woman says no because he is my
      son.": And it came to pass when the mother of the child heard
      the judgement of the king she bowed down before him on the
      ground and she said, "give the child to her and surely do not
      cut him." And, the king said to all the servants before him,
      "this is the mother of the child."
      27 8 RG Solomon commanded, and his servants gave unto him a sword,
      and he said unto his servants, "Cut the boy in two, for this
      one says, 'He is my son,' and this one says, 'No, for he is
      my son.'" And it happened when the mother of the boy heard
      the judgment of the king, that she fell down before him on
      the ground and said, "Give the boy to her, but do not cut
      him." And the king said to all who were standing before him,
      "This is the mother of the boy."
      27 8 SS Solomon commanded an they gave a sword to him and he said to
      his servants: "Cut the child in two because the one said: "He
      is my son" and the other said: "No, because he is my son"".
      And it came to pass when the mother of the child heard the
      judgement of the king she fell on the ground before him and
      said: "Give the child to her and do not cut him". And the
      king said to all those who were standing before him: "This is
      the mother of the child".

      27 9 CE Joshua commanded the people saying, "when the L-rd gives the
      city into your hands, surely burn it with fire and her flocks
      and her gold take for you.
      27 9 RG Joshua commanded the people saying, "When the L-rd gives the
      city into your hands, burn her completely with fire, but her
      sheep and her gold, take for yourselves."
      27 9 SS Joshua commanded the people: "The Lord is giving the city in
      your hand: you will certainly burn it with fire and take its
      flock and gold for you"

      27 10 CE The prophet sat alone on the top of the mountain and he
      prayed to the L-rd saying, "take my soul from me because
      death is better to me than life."
      27 10 RG The prophet dwelt by himself on the mountain, and he prayed
      unto the L-rd saying, "Take my soul from me, for my death is
      better then my life."
      27 10 SS the prophet sat alone on the top of the mountain and he
      prayed the Lord: "Take my life from me because it is better
      for me to die than to live"

      27 11 CE If I hide in the mountains, there you will find me and if I
      go down to Hell also from there your hand will take me.
      27 11 RG If I hide in the mountains, there will you find me, and if I
      shall descend to Sheol, even from thence will your hand take
      me."
      27 11 SS if I hide in the mountains there you will find me and if I
      go down to Sheol also from there your hand will take me