Re: [self-interest] Re: Self-Stamtisch? + Self on Mac

  • cramakrishnan@acm.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2000
      Thorsten Dittmar writes:
      > is anybody interesting in a Self Stammtisch at OOPSLA?

      Definately!

      So... i've tried running Self in the OS X Beta and bad things start
      happening. I've got the Carbon Dater report for the Self VM and i'm
      looking into carbonizing the VM.

      Is anyone else working on this? If so, maybe we should talk...

      - sekhar

      --
      C. Ramakrishnan cramakrishnan@...
    • Thorsten Dittmar
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2000
        Ok,

        what will be the best time for the self stammtisch? I don't know the time
        schedule for the smalltalk - squeak birds-of-a-feather.

        > cramakrishnan@... writes:
        > So... i've tried running Self in the OS X Beta and bad things start
        > happening. I've got the Carbon Dater report for the Self VM and i'm
        > looking into carbonizing the VM.
        >
        > Is anyone else working on this? If so, maybe we should talk...

        Not now, but we are very interesting in your work. Why don't we sit all
        together and try to improve your work during oopsla. I can bring my
        powerbook with me and a hub or an airport station. I have mac os x and suse
        linux on my maschine. So we can maybe try to find out what the problems are.
        Is this a good idea or not?

        Thorsten Dittmar
        managing director

        Daedalos Consulting GmbH
        Ruhrtal 5
        58456 Witten
        Germany

        Tel: +49 x2302 9790
        Fax: +49 x2302 979199
        mailTo: Thorsten.Dittmar@...
        http://www.daedalos.com
      • David Ungar
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2000
          Well, I am working on Carbonizing Self and could certainly use help.

          Thanks,

          - Dave

          --

          David Ungar