[self-interest] Re: Self 4.1 on ftp://self.sunlabs.com

  • Steve Dekorte
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
      jdbell@... wrote:
      > I've ruined about three keyboards with anticipatory drool,..

      Can someone post to the group when the Mac executables are
      available? I'm getting tired of hitting the reload button. :-)

      Steve
    • jdbell@fareselaw.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
        Hi all...

        I've ruined about three keyboards with anticipatory drool, but finally
        a reward. The links on the web page still don't seem to work, but the
        Self 4.1 release stuff can be found on the ftp site. /pub/self/Self
        4.1 or something like that.

        So, I've officially appropriated my girlfriend's iMac and am
        downloading as we speak. It feels like Christmas around here!

        Don't worry about her though, she likes the 21" monitor on my machine
        better anyway.

        Hello to everyone lucky enough to be at OOPSLA this year, and many many
        thanks to David Ungar!

        jdbell
      • jdbell@fareselaw.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
          I was too excited to be clear earlier...

          I'm not done downloading yet (I may have the crappiest ISP on the
          planet), but the mac stuff is available on that ftp site.

          Try:

          ftp://self.sunlabs.com/pub/self/Self-4.1/

          The link from the web page doesn't work yet.

          jdbell

          > Can someone post to the group when the Mac executables are
          > available? I'm getting tired of hitting the reload button. :-)
          >
          > Steve
        • David Ungar
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
            Hi,

            I think the http links are working, now.
            Also, I have three fixes which I will upload this weekend when I get back.
            One makes the UI much more responsive,
            one speeds the transporter up,
            one adds support for OS 9.

            - Dave

            At 4:25 PM -0800 11/1/99, jdbell@... wrote:
            >I was too excited to be clear earlier...
            >
            >I'm not done downloading yet (I may have the crappiest ISP on the
            >planet), but the mac stuff is available on that ftp site.
            >
            >Try:
            >
            >ftp://self.sunlabs.com/pub/self/Self-4.1/
            >
            >The link from the web page doesn't work yet.
            >
            >jdbell
            >

            >> Can someone post to the group when the Mac executables are
            >> available? I'm getting tired of hitting the reload button. :-)
            >>
            >> Steve

            >Looking for the latest consumer electronic gadgets or computer
            >equipment? eBay has thousands of audio equipment, computer
            >games & accessories. You never know what you might find at eBay!
            >http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1142
            >
            >-- eGroup Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/self-interest/?m=1
            >-- Free email groups at eGroups.com

            David Ungar
            Sun Microsystems Laboratories
            (650) 336-2618
          • David Ungar
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
              You are welcome!
              You may want to download again early next week.
              I've done a few good fixes here.

              - Dave