Re: [self-interest] Corrupt Clear.snap and demo.snap on Leopard

  • David Ungar
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2013
      Russell informs me that all2.self has been replaced by worldBuilder.self. You could try that.

      - David

      On May 28, 2013, at 1:31 AM, David Ungar <ungar@...> wrote:

      Suggest you build a new snapshot from scratch, by typing in

      'all2.self' _RunScript

      Assuming you have the .self files.

      - David
      Sent from my iPhone, tap tap

      On May 27, 2013, at 4:33 AM, Galen <gltmailbox-self@...> wrote:

      I've just downloaded and installed Self for the first time on my PowerMac G5 running Leopard 10.5.8.

      At the shell prompt, the VM seems to work:

      $ selfSelf Virtual Machine Version 4.1.13, Sat 22 Nov 03 15:04:49 Mac OSXCopyright 1989-2003: The Self Group (type _Credits for credits)
      for PPC:  FastMapTest = falsefor PPC:  LogVMMessages = truefor PPC:  PrintScriptName  = truefor PPC:  Inline = truefor PPC:  SICDeferUncommonBranches = falsefor PPC:  SICReplaceOnStack = falsefor PPC:  SaveOutgoingArgumentsOfPatchedFrames = trueVM#^D

      But if I try to load a snapshot, either Clean.snap or demo.snap, I get this:

      $  self -s /library/self/0/Demo-4.4.snapSelf VM fatal error (/Users/russellallen/Git-All/vm/mac_osx/vm_project/../../src/any/memory/universe.cpp, line 544): Snapshot is corrupt near: New generation, file position: 0xffffffff
      VM Version: 4.1.13, Sat 22 Nov 03 15:04:49 Mac OSX
      Self process 19263 on GLTMac-2.local has crashed.Do you want to:   1) Quit Self (optionally attempting to write a snapshot)   2) Try to print the Self stack   3) Try to return to the Self prompt   4) Force a core dump   5) Print the interrupted context registersYour choice: 1Enter snapshot name (hit return to omit snapshot) > No snapshot specified, will skip this step$

      Some google searching turned up a problem that at first glance looked similar, but it appeared to be Windows-specific. It had to do with unix vs. windows line termination.

      Ideas on this one?