Self 4.4 Beta 7 - Lucky seven (keyboard-wise)

  • Russell Allen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2010
      Hi Hernan,

      The 'ñ' character is unfortunately outside the scope of 4.4 - we need a proper unicode/m17n system and a corresponding rewrite of the Self parser.   It's important, but will have to wait :)

      Hopefully the fix I've made will handle the numlock issue - the system was incorrectly treating it as the command key.

      Almost there!

      Russell

      On 29/06/2010, at 4:51 AM, Hernan Wilkinson wrote:

      Hi Rusell, it looks like it is working fine but when the num pad is activated... if it is activated, no number appears even if I use the normal number keys. Also, the ñ does not appear no matter if the num pad is activated, but those are things that can be avoided. It is working better!

       Hernan.

      On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Hernan Wilkinson <hernan.wilkinson@ gmail.com> wrote:
      Hi Rusell,
       I think the link is not correct, it should be: http://selflanguage .org/files/ releases/ 4.4/beta6/ Clean-4.4. beta6.snap

      downloading it now...

      On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Russell Allen <mail@russell- allen.com> wrote:

      Hi guys,

      I was submerged by work for a bit there but have crawled out and made another attempt at fixing the Linux keyboard issue.

      This time, the code correctly uses X keysym values to determine arrow key presses etc.

      Can the Linux people try:

      http://selflanguage.org/files/releases /4.4/beta4/ Clean-4.4. beta6.snap

      and let me know if it works for them.

      Keys should type their correct character, and the cursor keys should work.

      Cheers,

      Russell

    • Hernan Wilkinson