Re: [self-interest] Compiling SELF on windows

  • Russell Allen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
      Hi Dexter,

      There is a port of an earlier version of Self to Cygwin at http://gliebe.de/self/status.html but there isn't a current port.

      It would be a fairly substantial effort, which is why it hasn't been done yet - we're going for the low hanging fruit first.

      Best,

      Russell

      On 08/02/2010, at 5:17 PM, smisra wrote:

      Hi All, Not sure if any one asked this earlier, is there a SELF port of MS windows? If not I am willing to work on the windows port, but I will need some help on the source tree for self. If any one has started the effort then please let me know.

      Sent from the Self mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

    • smisra
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
        Well regarding SELF VM I thought the same points so I deleted my post
        instantly, but any way as the message is sent to the mailing list it was
        gone i guess.
        Well yesterday I had a look at the source, and I got the same feeling that
        it will be a good effort to bring it on windows, so lets see what I can do.
      • Michael Latta
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2010
          The easiest thing may be to use it in Linux under VMWare, VirtualBox, or the like.

          Michael