[self-interest] self use

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 1998
      Welcome to the new self-interest mailing list!

      The question that I get most often about Self is: who is using it?

      I am (in fact, I just got myself a new Ultra 5 just for this) for a lot
      of different things. I used it to extract the emails of people who had
      posted to the other self-interest mailing lists since 1994, for example
      (much more fun than Perl!). And I am using it to develop tinySelf, which
      I hope to port to the PC in a couple of months.

      At the university of Sao Paulo I had two trainees with little previous
      programming experience who use Self for a whole year. That project is
      over now, but they built a simple 3D wireframe system and a Petri Net
      simulator.

      Albertina Lourenci is using Self in her architectural PhD thesis.

      Other people at LSI-USP (specially in the IC CAD group) are starting to
      get interested in Self.

      But I would really like to hear from anyone else who is still working
      with Self.

      -- Jecel Mattos de Assumpcao Jr -- mailto: jecel@...
      http://www.lsi.usp.br/~jecel/merlin.html