Self for PPC on Rosetta?

  • Keith Braithwaite
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2006
      Folks,
      Some years ago I bought a SparcServer 20 off eBay to have a machine
      that would run Self at full speed, and then later I rejoyced that the
      Power version of the VM got updated and so my PowerBooks could be
      speedy Self platforms---so much more convenient than hauling the SS20
      around! But now Mr Jobs has made it so that I can't buy a new Power
      laptop when the time comes to next upgrade. Might not be able to buy a
      (consumer) Power desktop soon, either.

      So, two questions: does anyone know how well the Power version of Self
      runs on an Intel Mac, and would there be any point returning to the
      second-hand market at some future time to buy a small RS6000 and
      trying to host Self on that?

      Keith