on the power of self-recursion

  • joglimming
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2004
      Dear Self-enthusiasts,

      I am looking for examples of algorithms or recurring software patterns
      which are self-mutable, or which are greatly simplified/made more efficient because of
      method update.

      Is anyone aware of some strikingly nice bits of Self code that illuminates the power
      of method update in capturing recurring reusable patterns or in algorithm design?
      For example, are there some algorithms which are particularly nice/simple/efficient/
      reusable in Self?

      By the way, I am working on a recursion principle within object-based programming
      languages. This principle allows recursive method updates to be performed.
      I am trying to develop an algebra of object-oriented programs for pointfree
      derivations of programs.

      Best Wishes,
      Johan Glimming