Self UI question

  • Steve Dekorte
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
      When clicking on an method slot, a method inspector opens containing
      the source code for the method. How do you then actually inspect the
      method *object* then? Likewise for Strings, etc.

      -- Steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2003
        On Friday 24 October 2003 02:34, Steve Dekorte wrote:
        > When clicking on an method slot, a method inspector opens containing
        > the source code for the method. How do you then actually inspect the
        > method *object* then? Likewise for Strings, etc.

        I don't see any menu option for doing this (though changing some
        preferences will probably allow you to do it), but evaluating an
        expression like

        ((reflect: self) slotAt: '##') value

        and then clicking on the <reflectee> pseudo-slot in the resulting
        outliner gives me an outliner on the '##' method itself.

        I didn't understand your problem with strings...

        -- Jecel
        p.s.: I hope to see some of you at OOPSLA next week. The Squeakers are
        trying to organize something, probably on Tuesday night
      • David Ungar
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
          Do you know about the left-shift hack?
          Click on the method slot and hold down the left-shift key.

          - Dave

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
            On Thursday 06 November 2003 08:40, David Ungar wrote:
            > Do you know about the left-shift hack?
            > Click on the method slot and hold down the left-shift key.

            No, but given the use of shift to break objects apart using the core
            sampler and also to drag wedges out of the pie chart in the tutorial I
            should have expected something like this.

            Thanks for the tip,