OOPSLA 2003

  • Steve Dekorte
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      Just noticed that Dave is giving what looks like a really interesting
      talk at OOPSLA 2003:
      http://oopsla.acm.org/oopsla2003/files/key-4.html

      Any hope for a protos workshop this year? Everything seems to be about
      design patterns or Agile programming. Borrrrrring. :-)

      Cheers,
      Steve
      OSX freeware and shareware: http://www.dekorte.com/downloads.html
    • Brian T Rice
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
        On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Steve Dekorte wrote:

        > Just noticed that Dave is giving what looks like a really interesting
        > talk at OOPSLA 2003:
        > http://oopsla.acm.org/oopsla2003/files/key-4.html
        >
        > Any hope for a protos workshop this year? Everything seems to be about
        > design patterns or Agile programming. Borrrrrring. :-)

        I would organize a BOF if I can manage to make it, but finances are really
        tight right now.

        --
        Brian T. Rice
        LOGOS Research and Development
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
          On Friday 01 August 2003 20:00, Brian T Rice wrote:
          > On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Steve Dekorte wrote:
          > > Just noticed that Dave is giving what looks like a really
          > > interesting talk at OOPSLA 2003:
          > > http://oopsla.acm.org/oopsla2003/files/key-4.html

          It sure looks like something worth waking up early for :-)

          > > Any hope for a protos workshop this year? Everything seems to be
          > > about design patterns or Agile programming. Borrrrrring. :-)
          >
          > I would organize a BOF if I can manage to make it, but finances are
          > really tight right now.

          I'll be participating in the demo track, showing two different machines
          running Neo Smalltalk (previously Self/R and Merlin OS before that...)
          which is prototype based. It would be great to meet other people
          interested in Self or prototypes in general.

          -- Jecel
        • Thorsten Dittmar
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
            > I would organize a BOF if I can manage to make it, but finances are
            > really tight right now.

            I will come for sure. So if I can help in any way send me a mail. What
            will we do? Any points for an agenda?