list problems (was: From David Ungar)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
      On Sunday 30 December 2001 10:43, Harald Gliebe wrote:
      > FYI (the second part :-) , sorry for the delay)
      > btw, Gordon Cichon also told me, that he can no longer send any mails
      > to self-interest.

      I am afraid that I have had some problems with yahooGroups myself, but
      given that some people are subscribed in a "view via web" mode it would
      be too painful to change to something else (even a modest server like I
      have could easily handle a low volume list with less than 200
      subscribers, so I have thought about this before).

      Looking through the membership list, I couldn't find Gordon Cichon
      there even though he was subscribed the last time I looked a few weeks
      back. So I am sending him a copy in case he is no longer receiving
      mails from this list.

      In the case of David Ungar it seems that he and several other people
      are subscribed with "Eng.Sun.Com" addresses but now are using only
      "sun.com". Unfortunately, I can't fix that myself - each person will
      have to follow the instructions about "alternate email addresses" and
      that can be a real hassle if you don't have a Yahoo identity and
      remember your password.

      In another thread (subject: Self4Linux-0.2.1) there seems to be several
      empty messages except for an attachment (at least for those who
      requested non HTML messages). If you look at these same messages via
      the web (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/self-interest/message/1177) the
      text is there. It seems that Yahoo has some kind of a problem when
      dealing with attachments in replies.