OT: New mailing list announcement

  • Joseph Osako
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      Several months back, there had been a series of discussions about language
      constructs not related to those in Self, and about the possibility of
      designing a successor language to Self. At the time, there had been some
      debate over the topicality of these messages, and the idea had been floated
      that a new mailing list be formed. At that time, I myself had taken the
      liberty of setting up a list namd MFTL on what was then eGroups. The debate
      died down, and shortly afterwards eGroups was bought out by Yahoo. I had
      thought that the mailing list had been dissolved, but I now have found that
      it still exists on Yahoo Groups.

      I have decided to try and revive the concept of a list specifically for the
      discussion of novel language concepts and implementations. The group may be
      subscribed by mailing to MFTL-subscribe@yahoogroups.com (subject and body
      are ignored). Hopefully, this will help *this* list avoid topicality
      problems like the ones mentioned above.

      J Osako
      Operating Systems Designer, Notational Engineer, Generalist
      http://www.slip.net/~scholr/