Classical Coins opens for business

  • dwelsh46
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003
      After years of work, my website is finally open for business.

      Classical Coins - www.classicalcoins.com - offers ancient Greek, Roman,
      Byzantine, and Persian coins. All items offered for sale are unconditionally
      guaranteed to be authentic.

      More than 500 coins are presently listed, and 67 items of numismatic
      literature. There are a number of Seleukid coins listed.

      Please give it a look, I will be very grateful for any comments you may
      have.

      Thanks,

      Dave Welsh
      dwelsh46@...
    • dwelsh46
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 22, 2003
        I'd like to sincerely thank those who have visited Classical Coins this
        month and helped to make the opening of this new website such a success.
        Many new coins have now been listed to replace those sold, and you are
        invited to revisit Classical Coins to view them.

        During pre-opening testing, a few coins were used as test cases, and the
        records for two were left set as 'sold.' Two customers were frustrated when
        they tried to purchase a billon tetradrachm of Ardeshir I (Gb007 1531) and
        an Alexandrian drachm of Hadrian (GI1259 0648). The records have been
        corrected and they are now available for purchase.

        Thanks very much to all who sent in comments about the site. There have been
        many helpful suggestions, and the nice things that were said are really
        appreciated.

        Dave Welsh
        Classical Coins
        www.classicalcoins.com