Something on Antiochos's head?

  • Richard Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2002
      Hello, Seleukidophiloi,

      Attached is a picture of a Tyre 4drm of Antiochos VII. There seems to be a small "something" over the crown of his head. Looks as if it were done in the die, not a flan flaw -- I can't be sure. Reminded me a bit of the little scepter tip over Arsinoe II's head on the 8drms. A one-time accident or did something like this appear on any other Seleukid coinage? I've never seen one.

      Thanks much in advance for any help.

      Richard Miller

    • Bradley J. Bowlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2002
        Richard,
        Can you forward me the pic..sounds interesting.
        Best Regards
        Brad
        --- Richard Miller <rmiller270381MI@...>
        wrote:
        > Hello, Seleukidophiloi,
        >
        > Attached is a picture of a Tyre 4drm of Antiochos
        > VII. There seems to be a small "something" over the
        > crown of his head. Looks as if it were done in the
        > die, not a flan flaw -- I can't be sure. Reminded me
        > a bit of the little scepter tip over Arsinoe II's
        > head on the 8drms. A one-time accident or did
        > something like this appear on any other Seleukid
        > coinage? I've never seen one.
        >
        > Thanks much in advance for any help.
        >
        > Richard Miller

        > removed]