Re: Meaning of 'Syria Seleukis'

  • Nicholas L Wright
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
      Jens,

      It send to refer to what is more commonly called the tetrapolis - although
      it might sometimes also include Kyrrhestis to the East. Like Koile Syria,
      the term is a little malleable.

      Best,

      Nic

    • Jens
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2013
        Thanks,

        that tarries with what I regard as the proper use. Hence, the term
        becomes less useful after the Fifth Syrian War, when Antiochus III added
        the entire Syrian region to the empire.

        Jens Jakobsson

        --- In seleukids@yahoogroups.com, Nicholas L Wright