CONF: Colloquium - West meets East: Contact and Interaction between India and the Mediterranean World from the Hellenistic period to Late Antiquity

  • Carl Sandler Berkowitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2011
      The following information came in from another listserv. Since it is pertinent to the members of this listserv, I am forwarding it to you. I have moved out of context the two presentations that are numismatic (since many of the list members are numismatists) and have placed them below while leaving them also as part of the full message.
      Panel 2 - Coins and Culture
      Rebecca Dodd (Glasgow)
      It�s hip to be a square: the de-Hellenisation of coinage in Hellenistic India from Alexander to 70 BC
      Rebecca Day (Birmingham)
      Late Roman and Byzantine gold coins in the Madras Government Museum - fashion, imitation and the economics of religious devotion