Re: introduction

  • Jens
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi Dan,
      hope the group will help you out, there is a large archive of topics. The redatings in this case are not based on coins but clay tablets - there is a comprehensive library of cuneiform documents from the Seleucid period, which was still used alongside Greek in Babylonia.

      And datings of newly found or reinterpreted tablets has enabled a revision of the regnal dates for the Seleucid kings of the latter part of the 3rd century BCE. Dates - in the Seleucid era - did not appear regularly on their coins until the mid 2nd century BCE.

      Jens Jakobsson