AHNS numbers for coins of rare rulers?

  • Jens
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2010
      Dear group,
      I would be most grateful if somebody could please help me look up a few coins in 'Seleucid Coins', pt 2. Arthur Houghton has been kind enough to let me use the photographs, but currently I only own the first volume.

      The illustrations I am looking for are good (tetradrachm) portraits of the following rulers:
      Laodice & Antiochus the son of Seleucus IV;
      Timarchus (preferrably the helmeted portrait);
      Alexander Balas with visible 'Ptolemaic chin';
      Diodotus Tryphon;
      Kleopatra Thea & Antiochus VIII conjoined portrait;
      Antiochus VIII with visible hooknose;
      Alexander Zabinas, smiling;
      Antiochos XI & Philip I conjoined portrait

      It's for a portrait gallery of the Seleucid rulers.

      If anybody would please give me the AHNS numbers for such coins, I would really be grateful.

      Kindly,
      Jens Jakobsson
    • AHA95@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2010
        Jens (and others), I am happy to look these up and send you the photographs
        I have, except for Timarchus, which you'll have to scan from CSE1 or
        another source, and Antiochus XI and Philip, also from CSE1.

        Arthur

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2010
          Many thanks!
          Jens Jakobsson