Best Source for Edfu Sealings

  • postumusagrippa
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hello.

      I'm needing to see as many of the Edfu sealings as possible in the best quality as possible.

      Which book (apart from Kyrieleis' "Bildnisse der Ptolemaer", which is very difficult to get to for me) is best for this?

      Thanks,
      Barry
    • Iossif Panos
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        Hello Barry,

        Dimitris Plantzos prepares the publication of the Edfu seals. You will need to wait a little more until the publication of his article "The Iconography of assimilation: isis and royal imagery on Ptolemaic seal-impressions," in P.P. Iossif, A.D. Chankowski and C.C. Lorber, Royal Cult and Emperor Worship. Proceedings of the International Conference organized by the Belgian School at Athens, 1-2 November, Studia Hellenistica, 2010 (forthcoming).

        Panos

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2009
          Hello.

          Can you tell me which of the Edfu sealings will be included?

          I know that there is more than one group, but only one of those groups has been previously published (I believe it's in a Canadian museum).

          Barry