Re: Rare AE Seleukos ??

  • Jens Jakobsson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
      I haven't been able to find the exact coin either, but I would guess
      that it belongs to Seleukos I. The obverse, a rather singular
      3/4-profile of Apollon, seems to have been used by Seleukos I and
      Antiochos I, and Seleukos also struck several coins with bulls, perhaps
      to accompany myths about him wrestling a stray sacrificial bull. Here is
      an example of the obverse from Snible.org
      <http://snible.org/coins/bmc/syria/2.html> (coin no 12).

      Best regards,

      Jens Jakobsson

      <http://www.relevantads.biz/fc/Ioyw36XHxiq5OS0kWaAWgCLlhKnppR20iO8onXL1Q
      > KMWijcW0vmjqP/>

      ________________<BR>Get the Free email that has everyone talking at <a
      href=http://www.mail2world.com
      target=new>http://www.mail2world.com</a><br> <font
      color=#999999>Unlimited Email Storage – POP3 – Calendar –