48241Re: [SeattleRobotics] Dynamic model for the mobile robot modeling

  • Dan Tebbs
    Feb 10, 2014
      I can't agree.  "Children, children" is as self-righteous as "just shut up your mouth" was childish.

      This is a list for experts. Experts who are freely offering their time and expertise... despite the sometimes challenge of poorly posed questions. If you want to play with the experts, don't waste their time. A minimal level of professionalism is certainly in order.

      -Dan

      On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Peter Balch <peterbalch@...> wrote:

      > Children, children.

      This has always been a very polite, welcoming and helpful group. I'm sure
      we've all joined other groups and been apalled at the clique-ish, unfriendly
      and downright rude goings on there.

      It is difficult to know how to answer someone who posts a rather odd
      question. I expect most of us thought "that's someone trying to get me to do
      their homework for them - I'll let someone else answer it".

      Nevertheless, it was a first post by a newbie. What should the group policy
      be? Shouldn't newbies _always_ be encouraged - no matter what their motives?

      Personally, I think we all behaved a little badly by not answering the
      second post. I'm certainly embarassed. A few gentle queries about "what are
      you trying to achieve?" or "how far have you got?" wouldn't have gone amiss.

      Dan Tebbs
      Auric Consulting LLC
      Ph: 425-577-1688
      Email: DanTebbs@...