More from Portland

  • tirmanque
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
      Sorry that I didn't get the word, before Portland Petanque Club published their tournament "wrapup" this morning, but the Seattle team of Brad Hanson, Jack Hanson and Molly Keys also took second place in the Triplettes "Consolante" round, putting 7 out of the 13 Seattle Petanque Club players in the awards category (though I don't suppose their team got any money -- did you at least get medals?)
    • jackhanson474
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
        Team Hanson-Keys-Hanson did, indeed, walk away from the consolante with money -- $42, in fact. No medals, though.

        --- In seattlepetanqueclub@yahoogroups.com, "tirmanque" <J_Hunt@...> wrote:

        > Sorry that I didn't get the word, before Portland Petanque Club published their tournament "wrapup" this morning, but the Seattle team of Brad Hanson, Jack Hanson and Molly Keys also took second place in the Triplettes "Consolante" round, putting 7 out of the 13 Seattle Petanque Club players in the awards category (though I don't suppose their team got any money -- did you at least get medals?)

      • Philippe Geraud
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
          Congratulations also to the Hansen-Keys-Hanson team as well. I thought
          it was great that they had a separate money "bag" for the 1st and 2nd
          consolante. By the way, which team won 1st in the consolante? My team
          did not win anything except I walked away with one of Van's boules which
          I will have mounted on a trophy-base.
          Philippe

          wrote:

          > Sorry that I didn't get the word, before Portland Petanque Club
          published their tournament "wrapup" this morning, but the Seattle team
          of Brad Hanson, Jack Hanson and Molly Keys also took second place in the
          Triplettes "Consolante" round, putting 7 out of the 13 Seattle Petanque
          Club players in the awards category (though I don't suppose their team
          got any money -- did you at least get medals?)

        • chnthvsy
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
            That was a nice surprising news which I was not aware of until this morning. I would say "Congratulations" to Molly,Brad and Jack towards your accomplishment - and...Heck !!! forget about Agnes.

            John C.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
              I'm sure Pierre, Philippe (Agnes) and Thai deserved the title of 1st
              place. These guys are top notch players with excellent strategy and
              pointing/shooting skills and, let us not forget, good communication
              skills which, I'm starting to realize, can make all the difference when
              you have two evenly-matched teams. They deserve our congratulations as
              well for climbing to the top in what was a very competitive and
              challenging environment. I'm sure it was not easy.

              I was merely joking about Van's boule, of course. That was my mistake
              and I will return it to him at the first opportunity probably on July
              19th in Portland.

              John, definitely will make it at 2:00 PM at Bellevue. I will be down
              visiting family on Saturday and coming back on Sunday. I'm not sure
              whether I'd be back in time but I think there is a good chance I will be
              able to make it by 2:00 PM.

              I'm surprised nobody else expressed any interest in playing Friday, July
              3rd. Perhaps my company was more generous than most in giving us Friday
              off? Anyway, I will be at Bellevue park by 2:00. Hope to see more of you
              there.

              Philippe G.

              <jackhanso@...> wrote:

              > Team Hanson-Keys-Hanson did, indeed, walk away from the consolante
              with money -- $42, in fact. No medals, though.

              > --- In seattlepetanqueclub@yahoogroups.com, "tirmanque" <J_Hunt@>
              wrote:

              > > Sorry that I didn't get the word, before Portland Petanque Club
              published their tournament "wrapup" this morning, but the Seattle team
              of Brad Hanson, Jack Hanson and Molly Keys also took second place in the
              Triplettes "Consolante" round, putting 7 out of the 13 Seattle Petanque
              Club players in the awards category (though I don't suppose their team
              got any money -- did you at least get medals?)

            • Gary
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2009
                I'll see you on Sunday in Bellvue.

                Gary

                <jackhanso@. ..> wrote:

                > Team Hanson-Keys- Hanson did, indeed, walk away from the consolante
                with money -- $42, in fact. No medals, though.

                > --- In seattlepetanqueclub @yahoogroups. com, "tirmanque" <J_Hunt@>
                wrote:

                > > Sorry that I didn't get the word, before Portland Petanque Club
                published their tournament "wrapup" this morning, but the Seattle team
                of Brad Hanson, Jack Hanson and Molly Keys also took second place in the
                Triplettes "Consolante" round, putting 7 out of the 13 Seattle Petanque
                Club players in the awards category (though I don't suppose their team
                got any money -- did you at least get medals?)

              • Lee Harris
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009
                  I'll use this weekend to try and get some major work on my novel done....that I've been putting off, and off....and off......

                  So, I won't see anyone until next Sunday.
                  Dread