Petanque 2008

  • tirmanque
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2008
      Don't miss out on a New Year of petanque. If you are interested in
      joining the Seattle Petanque Club for 2008, please e-mail
      J_Hunt@... for details. Although I doubt that there will be a
      blizzard of application forms, the deadline would be January 31st for
      any new or renewing memberships, in order to qualify to play in the
      2008 National Men's, Women's and Mixed Doubles tournament, scheduled
      for March 29-30 in Sarasota, Florida. Contact me if you are
      interested in competing.

      We also have word from the Portland Petanque Club that they have
      already scheduled their first tournament of 2008 for Sunday, February
      24th, called -- appropriately -- "Fou de la Petanque" as it will be
      played, rain or shine (though the end of February is usually when we
      have a mild "false Spring"). It will be an open (all clubs and
      players) tournament, doubles melée, which means that you will draw
      for partners, with the draw pools divided to assure that the best
      shooters/pointers will not be paired together. Always a good way to
      start the season and make new friends. Mark your calendars and we
      will ask in early February how many wish to go.

      John