Bastille Day followup

  • tirmanque
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007
      SPC's publicity appearances at the Alliance Francaise and at the
      Seattle Center celebrations yielded a lot of new contacts! Thanks to
      member Jack Cowan's generosity, we had a well located booth (opposite
      the Microsoft guy giving away keyboards) and a plug to power the
      laptop with Garret's video of us playing in Bellevue. Bede, get
      ready for a lot of enquiries -- we gave out your web address dozens
      of times.

      The only problem is, a lot of them were very eager to play or try out
      the game, Saturdays at Cal Anderson or Sundays at Bellevue -- a good
      thing, unless our player numbers are too small this coming weekend,
      due to seven of us going to the WCQT in Portland. So I beg all of
      you to try to show up at one or both parks at 2 PM, to start playing
      and welcome those potential new members who arrive! We did caution
      some of them that numbers might be down this weekend, but I hope we
      don't discourage the others.

      The following weekend, we hope to be quite numerous, some of us in
      our new polos with the club logo, for which we will take orders
      ($15). We would also like to hear ideas , suggestions or volunteers
      for the "Henry Jouval" Open tournament, at Bellevue in 3 weeks.

      John H.