A few games to celebrate False Spring?

  • tirmanque
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2007
      The warmer weather this Winter seems to indicate that our "false
      Spring", which usually comes mid- to late-February, may be upon us
      early. Anyway, Philippe says he practiced by himself at Bellevue last
      Sunday, and it wasn't too cold (assuming you wear a jacket). He would
      like to meet a few more players there at the park this coming Sunday
      (Jan. 28), as the weather is supposed to be even warmer. I, for one,
      plan to join him there, so how about a few more? Assuming the
      restrooms are open, we can use the Portland Pétanque Club trick of
      running a basin of hot water and leaving our boules in it for a few
      minutes -- keeps them warm for a while -- so maybe bring an old towel,
      too.

      Anyone on this mailing list who hasn't received info on joining the
      Club, e-mail me at J_Hunt@...
    • George Masiello

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2007
          If I recall correctly, there is only one temperature on the tap in Bellevue's park -- cold.
          Regret I cannot make it on Sunday.

          G Conyers

          tirmanque <J_Hunt@...> wrote:
          The warmer weather this Winter seems to indicate that our "false
          Spring", which usually comes mid- to late-February, may be upon us
          early. Anyway, Philippe says he practiced by himself at Bellevue last
          Sunday, and it wasn't too cold (assuming you wear a jacket). He would
          like to meet a few more players there at the park this coming Sunday
          (Jan. 28), as the weather is supposed to be even warmer. I, for one,
          plan to join him there, so how about a few more? Assuming the
          restrooms are open, we can use the Portland Pétanque Club trick of
          running a basin of hot water and leaving our boules in it for a few
          minutes -- keeps them warm for a while -- so maybe bring an old towel,
          too.

          Anyone on this mailing list who hasn't received info on joining the
          Club, e-mail me at J_Hunt@...

          in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
          to find your fit.

        • chnthvsy
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2007
            I will make an attempt to join in on Sunday ( so far 80% certain ).
            That is in Bellevue, I concur.

            John C.

            --- In seattlepetanqueclub@yahoogroups.com, "tirmanque" <J_Hunt@...>