Fw: Super Sunday + The Lake Tournament + Pics from Willliams

  • John Hunt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2013
      Only Gary managed to make it there, last weekend, but it sure looks like fun (if COLD!) - - a winter "Honky Tonk"?  John
      Date: Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM
      To: Noyoyoyo@...

      Hi All

      First, for those interested in playing Super Sunday at Mendocino today, we will start at noon in order that the rabid faithful will be able to get in a couple of games prior to kick off. Those who are less rabid may choose to stay a bit longer and catch the halftime show and second half.

      It is "First Sunday" in the harbor. Here is a reprise of Peter's note on that subject:
      Being that it's the First Sunday of the Month, some of us play in our old traditional home, Noyo Harbor, as I will be (at least until 3:30ish).

      One assumes (always dangerous) that the start time in the harbor will as per usual.

      The Lake Tournament, aka The George Pipal Memorial...

      True to form, this event is being planned, confirmed, and announced on a somewhat last-minute basis. Tradition is strong.

      As of this writing, the tentative and almost firm date is Sunday, February 16th. Please make a mental note and prepare to convert that to a calendar notation within the next day or so.

      This has been played at a variety of locations over the years, the most recent being a beautiful overlook parking lot at Lake Sonoma. In all likelihood, that will be the case for 2013. It is a fun day of boules and pot luck food--relatively low-key in preparation for the tournament season. We will put out a short history with the "official" announcement. Stay Tuned.

      Pics from the Rogue Bouligans "Winter Tournament"

      Two members of our club, Dan Feaster & Nan Walter, braved the winter cold and horrendous traffic on Hwy 1/101 to make the drive to Williams, OR in order to experience the "Winter Tournament" held by the Rogue Bouligans Petanque Club. A great time was had during the pre-tournament warmup play on the Friday evening preceding the Saturday event, and the tournament itself was a blast. Here's a link to the Bouligan's FPUSA SmugMug page, with two sets of photos. By the way, Nan's team won.

      http://fpusa.smugmug.com/RogueBouligans/2013