Sunday Tournament

  • John Hunt
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1 10:52 AM
      I hope that all of you who registered a "Yes" or a "Probably" will in fact be there at Noon to start our end-of-season tournament in the "panache" format.  I am presently trying to work out an automatic randomization of opponents for each game, so that most players play most other players, without repetition, to give a good result.  Looks so far like 12-14 players, which should provide us with a good mix.

      Though the tournament was announced as being for "Club Members Only", two regular Sunday players have expressed a desire to play, though they are not members of the club at this time.  I have determined that they could play, if we need to make up numbers and, if they pay a modest entry fee of $5 per player, can be eligible for prizes; otherwise, they can make up teams and play just for the fun of it.  Prizes will come out of "left-over" prizes donated for the Jouval, plus some more purchased from Club funds.  Left-over soft drinks from the Jouval will be available for Club members, or entry-fee-paying players free.  I considered lunch snack arrangements, but determined that this can be left to participants to purchase on their own, from the several nearby Deli's, the pizza place, or the Safeway across the street, assuming not everyone will be hungry or at the same time.

      See you all then

      John
    • chnthvsy
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 3:09 PM