Update from the Peripatetic Prez

  • tirmanque
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
      Back home again, after a month away, playing boules on half the days, in beautiful Fall weather (mostly). Got the following info in the mail while I was away, so I'll forward it to you all -- haven't yet had time to check it out myself. Also, anyone interested in going to Portland this Sunday, Nov. 1, for an "end of the season" tournament? It has been changed from "panache" format to a "Melee" where experienced players (usually including all the shooters) draw a partner (for the whole tournament) from the less-experienced half of those signing up. I'll probably be there myself, if jet-lag is by then sufficiently abated. John

      Dear Petanque enthusiast,

      just a quick e-mail to inform you of the new Petanque social website that has just been launched. This site is aimed at players of all abilities and will enable them to communicate, discuss tactics and advertise competitions. please forward this to all your members and we look forward to seeing you as members soon

      The website is http://boules.ning.com

      Kind regards

      Kevin O'Rourke

      www.how-to-win-at-petanque.com

      www.twitter.com/petanqueman

      http://boules.ning.com
    • ourmaninparis
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
        Hi John,
        I think the Dread Pirate is planning on going to PDX Sunday morn.  Contact him for a car pool? (I won't be going.)

        Regards, 'Cleaner'

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2009
          I'm 90% going, it looks like Soonie will be coming with me.  Going down Sunday morning.

          How are you getting there John?
          Lee

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 30, 2009
            Hi John,
            I'd like to ask you that if Mr. Manh can be qualified to register to play games in the next tournament  in Portland on 11/1/2009 as an inexperienced player without a license of our seattlepetanqueclub. He really wants to join us to play. Please reply as soon as possible. Have a nice day and good luck.
            Duong Nguyen.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2009
              Duong,

              Yes, I am sure that they would let him play.  When a new person comes down from Seattle for this type of tournament, they will usually just ask me to confirm their level of experience, so he will be placed in that category.  I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

              John Hunt