outreach ideas for pmpag

  • Kate Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4 6:18 PM
      Today we had a good discussion about outreach at the steering committee of
      the PMPAG.

      I mentioned that I had seen what I consider a powerful video about digital
      education. (In another part of my life, I challenge the folks responsible
      for Seattle Public Schools to get green, multi-cultural, accountable,
      relevant and lean) :-)

      I am hoping we can make some You Tube pieces at the PMPAG or on our own to
      use to spread the word of what we intend to accomplish...the undiluted Paul
      version if possible.

      The meeting today was decidedly oriented toward a grassroots people-driven /
      PMPAG-enabled outreach to what we described as a common Seattle resident
      which I think Amalia's parents were held as the quintessential example of.
      Block Watch captains, neighborhood blogs, social networking sites, the usual
      suspects, your neighbors, colleagues, friends and stuff we haven't even
      considered could all be ways we could get the word out once we agree on what
      the word is.

      I think this video is very powerful and I only offer it as inspiration to
      what we could quite readily produce ourselves. Also, if we could engage
      youth to be the succession plan for what we're doing, we'd be golden.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vyR9o&feature=related

      I think we could do some good You Tube videos about the maybe 3 - 5 major
      issues we care most about from the emerging Ped Plan.

      -Kate

      K A T E M A R T I N
      Site Planning Design Construction Coordination
      Office (206) 783-6538 Cell (206) 579-3703 Fax (206) 706-1528
      katemartin@...