watered down, but better than nothing

  • Kate Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009

      The Comp Plan Amendment I submitted was watered down, but it at least is a start.

      Can we make sure that METRO is on board with this and that the Ped Plan covers this issue?

      Pedestrian Access to Transit Stops: A new policy

      in the Transportation Element encourages transit

      agencies to site transit stops and stations in locations

      that facilitate pedestrian access, and directs the City to

      seek ways to develop safer street crossings at transit

      stops, particularly on streets with more than one lane

      of traffic in either direction.

      -Kate

      Kate Martin
      office (206) 783-6538