Head count for meeting this Sun 9/18, 1pm at new Lake Hills library

  • top_hat_indexer
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011
      Hey everyone....I'm looking for a head count for the group to meet this coming Sunday, 9/18, at the new Lake Hills library in Bellevue.

      Here's location info at the KC website:
      http://www.kcls.org/lakehills/

      If you're familiar with the old LH library location, this is about a quarter mile east on LH Boulevard, from where it used to be (adjacent to the LH Greenbelt nature trail and across the street from an aquatic center).

      The library is on the NW corner of Lake Hills Boulevard and 156th Ave SE in the Lake Hills Shopping Center. Parking is available under the building. If you circle around the Bank of America, you'll see access to the underground parking. The library in on the 2nd floor, so use the elevator or the stairs to come up to the entrance.

      I scouted out the location last month, and the room is really, really nice....it should be interesting to see what the group's reaction is, and if we want to hold future meetings here again. FYI, the meetings got moved to the LH library because the rooms at the Bellevue Regional Library are under construction/renovation, and therefore unavailable.

      Chime in and let us know if you can make it, and who has sample indexes for us to review.

      Paul
    • Cheryl Landes
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011

        I’m in Massachusetts, so I can’t make it. If anyone will be attending the book festivals in Missoula in early October, I’ll see you there.

        Cheryl

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011
          I expect to be there. Do we have anything specific to discuss?

          Carolyn Weaver

          > Hey everyone....I'm looking for a head count for the group to meet this
          > coming Sunday, 9/18, at the new Lake Hills library in Bellevue.
          >
          > Here's location info at the KC website:
          > http://www.kcls.org/lakehills/
          >
          > If you're familiar with the old LH library location, this is about a
          > quarter mile east on LH Boulevard, from where it used to be (adjacent to
          > the LH Greenbelt nature trail and across the street from an aquatic
          > center).
          >
          > The library is on the NW corner of Lake Hills Boulevard and 156th Ave SE
          > in the Lake Hills Shopping Center. Parking is available under the
          > building. If you circle around the Bank of America, you'll see access to
          > the underground parking. The library in on the 2nd floor, so use the
          > elevator or the stairs to come up to the entrance.
          >
          > I scouted out the location last month, and the room is really, really
          > nice....it should be interesting to see what the group's reaction is, and
          > if we want to hold future meetings here again. FYI, the meetings got moved
          > to the LH library because the rooms at the Bellevue Regional Library are
          > under construction/renovation, and therefore unavailable.
          >
          > Chime in and let us know if you can make it, and who has sample indexes
          > for us to review.
          >
          > Paul

        • Judi Gibbs
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011
            Hi, Paul.
            Remind me of the time...
            ~Judi

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011
              It's there in the header of the email. 1pm.

              Paul R. Sweum,
              Indexer | Technical Writer | Editor | Owner
              Paul@...
              520.271.2112

              Before printing this email, please determine if it's truly necessary and consider the environment.
              .
              www.TopHatWordandIndex.com
              Sharply dressed documents
              .
              Be sure to catch the latest tips and reports from the front lines of the tech writing industry at
              The Penny Farthing Commuter, including interviews with nonfiction authors and industry insiders. You may also connect with me on LinkedIn and follow me on Twitter!

              On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Judi Gibbs <judi@...> wrote:

              Hi, Paul.
              Remind me of the time...
              ~Judi

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011
                Actually, I'm looking for a little input, maybe in the form of a strategy session, with respect to the author who will be speaking to lead off Vancouver next month.

                It involves the name index that's currently in his book, and if/how to approach it in Vancouver. The story is very engaging, and I'll find out more about the writer when I meet him in person this next week....but, in my mind, the situation with the index in his book is presenting some challenges - and I'm trying to figure out how to turn it into something constructive in Vancouver as a teachable moment, or something like that.

                I know there's something glorious that can potentially come out of a discussion for Vancouver that can be really engaging and constructive....but I haven't quite been able to put my finger on it. I need some group input, but you need to see the current index for yourself....so I'll be bringing the book to the peer review.

                Otherwise, I may be looking for some input on a biographical index I'm working on....unless I get far enough through this gov't doc I'm messing around with. I'll know more in the next day.

                Anyone else?

                --- In seattleindexers@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn Weaver" <cgweaver@...> wrote:

                > I expect to be there. Do we have anything specific to discuss?
                >
                > Carolyn Weaver

              • Cheryl Landes
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011

                  Paul, is the index in a format that you could e-mail a copy to me?

                  Cheryl

                  Actually, I'm looking for a little input, maybe in the form of a strategy session, with respect to the author who will be speaking to lead off Vancouver next month.

                  It involves the name index that's currently in his book, and if/how to approach it in Vancouver. The story is very engaging, and I'll find out more about the writer when I meet him in person this next week....but, in my mind, the situation with the index in his book is presenting some challenges - and I'm trying to figure out how to turn it into something constructive in Vancouver as a teachable moment, or something like that.

                  I know there's something glorious that can potentially come out of a discussion for Vancouver that can be really engaging and constructive....but I haven't quite been able to put my finger on it. I need some group input, but you need to see the current index for yourself....so I'll be bringing the book to the peer review.

                  Otherwise, I may be looking for some input on a biographical index I'm working on....unless I get far enough through this gov't doc I'm messing around with. I'll know more in the next day.

                  Anyone else?

                  --- In seattleindexers@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn Weaver" <cgweaver@...> wrote:

                  > I expect to be there. Do we have anything specific to discuss?
                  >
                  > Carolyn Weaver

                • Paul Sweum

                    Actually, I'm looking for a little input, maybe in the form of a strategy session, with respect to the author who will be speaking to lead off Vancouver next month.

                    It involves the name index that's currently in his book, and if/how to approach it in Vancouver. The story is very engaging, and I'll find out more about the writer when I meet him in person this next week....but, in my mind, the situation with the index in his book is presenting some challenges - and I'm trying to figure out how to turn it into something constructive in Vancouver as a teachable moment, or something like that.

                    I know there's something glorious that can potentially come out of a discussion for Vancouver that can be really engaging and constructive....but I haven't quite been able to put my finger on it. I need some group input, but you need to see the current index for yourself....so I'll be bringing the book to the peer review.

                    Otherwise, I may be looking for some input on a biographical index I'm working on....unless I get far enough through this gov't doc I'm messing around with. I'll know more in the next day.

                    Anyone else?

                    --- In seattleindexers@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn Weaver" <cgweaver@...> wrote:

                    > I expect to be there. Do we have anything specific to discuss?
                    >
                    > Carolyn Weaver

                  • Cheryl Landes
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011

                      If you could, Paul, that would be great. Thought I could help with input, since I can’t attend the fall meeting.

                      On Friday, I’m working onsite for my client on Cape Cod, which is a two-hour commute each way from here. So I might not respond to e-mail right away that day. I’m not sure what my Internet access will be like, because my workstation there has been moved.

                      Thanks!

                      Actually, I'm looking for a little input, maybe in the form of a strategy session, with respect to the author who will be speaking to lead off Vancouver next month.

                      It involves the name index that's currently in his book, and if/how to approach it in Vancouver. The story is very engaging, and I'll find out more about the writer when I meet him in person this next week....but, in my mind, the situation with the index in his book is presenting some challenges - and I'm trying to figure out how to turn it into something constructive in Vancouver as a teachable moment, or something like that.

                      I know there's something glorious that can potentially come out of a discussion for Vancouver that can be really engaging and constructive....but I haven't quite been able to put my finger on it. I need some group input, but you need to see the current index for yourself....so I'll be bringing the book to the peer review.

                      Otherwise, I may be looking for some input on a biographical index I'm working on....unless I get far enough through this gov't doc I'm messing around with. I'll know more in the next day.

                      Anyone else?

                      --- In seattleindexers@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn Weaver" <cgweaver@...> wrote:

                      > I expect to be there. Do we have anything specific to discuss?
                      >
                      > Carolyn Weaver

                    • Judi Gibbs
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 14, 2011

                        Paul, I will be there.

                        ~Judi

                        Actually, I'm looking for a little input, maybe in the form of a strategy session, with respect to the author who will be speaking to lead off Vancouver next month.

                        It involves the name index that's currently in his book, and if/how to approach it in Vancouver. The story is very engaging, and I'll find out more about the writer when I meet him in person this next week....but, in my mind, the situation with the index in his book is presenting some challenges - and I'm trying to figure out how to turn it into something constructive in Vancouver as a teachable moment, or something like that.

                        I know there's something glorious that can potentially come out of a discussion for Vancouver that can be really engaging and constructive....but I haven't quite been able to put my finger on it. I need some group input, but you need to see the current index for yourself....so I'll be bringing the book to the peer review.

                        Otherwise, I may be looking for some input on a biographical index I'm working on....unless I get far enough through this gov't doc I'm messing around with. I'll know more in the next day.

                        Anyone else?

                        --- In seattleindexers@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn Weaver" <cgweaver@...> wrote:

                        > I expect to be there. Do we have anything specific to discuss?
                        >
                        > Carolyn Weaver

                      • Carolyn Weaver
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 15, 2011
                          If the start time is 1pm, I may be late, since church isn't over until 12:15
                          or so. Can we push it back to 2pm, since you said the room is reserved from
                          1-4?

                          Carolyn

                          It's there in the header of the email. 1pm.

                          Paul R. Sweum,
                          Indexer | Technical Writer | Editor | Owner
                          Paul@...
                          520.271.2112
                          Before printing this email, please determine if it's truly necessary and
                          consider the environment.
                          .
                          www.TopHatWordandIndex.com <http://www.tophatwordandindex.com/>
                          *Sharply dressed documents*
                          .
                          Commuter<http://tophatwordandindex.wordpress.com/>
                          <http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulsweum>and follow me on
                          Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/TopHatIndexer>!

                          On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Judi Gibbs <judi@...> wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > Hi, Paul.
                          > Remind me of the time...
                          > ~Judi

                        • Paul Sweum

                            It's there in the header of the email. 1pm.

                            Paul R. Sweum,
                            Indexer | Technical Writer | Editor | Owner
                            Paul@...
                            520.271.2112
                            Before printing this email, please determine if it's truly necessary and
                            consider the environment.
                            .
                            www.TopHatWordandIndex.com <http://www.tophatwordandindex.com/>
                            *Sharply dressed documents*
                            .
                            Be sure to catch the latest tips and reports from the front lines of the
                            tech writing industry at *The Penny Farthing
                            Commuter<http://tophatwordandindex.wordpress.com/>
                            *, including interviews with nonfiction authors and industry insiders. You
                            may also connect with me on LinkedIn
                            <http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulsweum>and follow me on
                            Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/TopHatIndexer>!

                            On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Judi Gibbs <judi@...> wrote:

                            > **
                            >

                            > Hi, Paul.
                            > Remind me of the time...
                            > ~Judi

                            <*> Your email settings:
                               Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                               (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                               seattleindexers-digest@yahoogroups.com
                               seattleindexers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          • Carolyn Weaver
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 15, 2011
                              Okay. I'll do my best to make it on time.

                              Carolyn