RE: [seattle_homebrewers] Next Meeting

  • Bob Blade
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2007
      Alison,
      Thanks for bringing it up. This month has snuck up on me.

      I think it's too late to plan a meeting for this Wednesday, so we should
      have it on Wednesday, April 11 at my place. I'll have 2 new brews on tap (an
      old ale and a rye beer.)

      I'm at 9540 Densmore Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103.

      I'll send out a follow-up announecement early next week so I can try to get
      a head count.
      Cheers,
      Bob

      >From: "sheaforjoy" <alibabagrl@...>
      >To: seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [seattle_homebrewers] Next Meeting
      >Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:07:32 -0000
      >
      >I was wondering if the next brew club meeting is going to be on
      >Wednesday, April 4th or Wednesday, April 11th.? I'm headed out of
      >town for a New Age Woo Woo conference on the 6th. Since it's my email
      >address that gets the brew club emails, it'd be great if, before I
      >leave, I could tell Mark where the meeting is and when it's going to
      >happen. Otherwise, he might miss it, and he's planning to bring a
      >wonderful brew.
      >
      >Off to woo woo land,
      >Alison

      Mortgage refinance is hot 1) Rates near 30-yr lows 2) Good credit get
      intro-rate 4.625%*
      https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5f&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=743
    • alibabagrl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 31, 2011
        How do we want to organize this?
        The wood age beer judging should be done at the beginning of the meeting.
        Have a select group do the judging at the beginning like we did for the Milds?
        or
        Have everyone taste the wood aged beers first, then vote for their favorite?
        Ali

        In a message dated 3/30/11 8:18:10 PM, bobyeaw@... writes:

        HEY!

        And don't forget to bring your best wood-aged beer to the meeting!  a panel of our most experienced palates will be assembled for a judge off - winner submits their beer on behalf of the club for the upcoming AHA "Angel's Share" – Wood-Aged Beer Club Only Competition! There are some outlawed styles, so check the rules at:

        http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/competitions/club-only-competitions/schedule/2010-2011-competition-year

        May 5th Deadline!

        -BOB

      • Nick Ladd

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 4, 2011
            Don't worry, there is usually plenty of homebrew to drink.
            Ali

            In a message dated 4/4/11 5:14:50 PM, toddgehman@... writes:

            Should I bring some professionally brewed bottles instead?

          • Joe Germani

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 5, 2011
                Hey guys, just wanted to jump in here. I'm a newcomer (introduced myself in an earlier post last week) and will be attending the meeting this evening for the first time. I just wanted some clarification.

                Fremont Brewing lists they're hours as:

                Monday - Wednesday: 11:00 - 5:00pm

                If the meeting is at 7pm, does Fremont Brewing stay open just for this homebrew club meeting? Just curious and wanted to make sure I got the times straight.

                Thanks!
                Julian
              • Andy Walthers

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 5, 2011
                    Very cool. Thanks Andy! See ya!
                  • Adam Robbings
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 5, 2011
                      Hey all - I was planning to attend tonight but have been struck down by illness yet again. This winter has been a tough one in my household!

                      Anyway, I was planning on bringing a wood aged ale for consideration for the club's competition entry. I have a Strong Scottish Ale, which I aged on port infused medium toast French Oak. It worked out well - it got second place in the Wood Aged Category in the Cascade Brewers Cup earlier this year.

                      It's a shame I can't bring it tonight. If there's a lack of options for our submission I'm happy to offer mine - I could work out getting a bottle to a designated taster at an alternative time if need be.

                      Cheers, and have a good one tonight.

                      Adam

                      --- In seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com, J <digitalsy@...> wrote:

                      > Very cool. Thanks Andy! See ya!

                    • J
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 5, 2011
                        I don't suppose anyone from Ballard (near the Locks) is heading up to the meeting? I'm running late and take the bus (so will be even later than I wanted on my first meeting). I have a good excuse though! I was prepping a starter from washed yeast from last week for this weekend's brew!

                        If anyone is heading there and can offer me a ride I would be most grateful!

                        Otherwise, I will make my fashionably late grand entrance...

                        Thanks in advance!

                        --julian
                      • Thorcore
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 2, 2011
                          Whats up club,

                          Ok, so I have been pretty busy for the last two weeks and forgot to set up the next meeting. So with out further adieu...
                          The next meeting will be tomorrow May 3rd at Fremont Brewing Co. starting at 7:00 pm.
                          I know this is short notice and I'm sorry for that. I will be out of town next week for work, so it will have to be tomorrow if we want to do the meeting at Fremont this month.
                          So for the new members, here is what you will need.
                          1. Bring a bottle or two of home-brew for us to taste. Along with any notes you might have. ( This is optional you don't have to bring anything, if you don't have any ready)
                          2. For the people in the barrel project bring some cash for the kits. Russell should have a cost for us. It will be under $20.
                          3. Bring a growler to fill up with delicious Fremont beer for $8

                          I think that's it. See you all tomorrow!
                          Cheers,
                          Thor